This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Diego Pereira 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
May 14, 2018 at 5:14 am #2110868

ghalibA-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Both In the mobile or Desktop view, When the the selected language is Arabic , the mobile navigation is incompatible with Arabic view. It seems that some css need to be fixed for RTL. I tried to figured out the issue but I couldn't. In the desktop view I make (Display: none) but in mobile view I need some help. Actually it needs fix in both view.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

May 14, 2018 at 6:59 pm #2125998

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @ghaliba-2, welcome to our support forum.

I checked your website and found the following:
- The language switcher works correctly on the desktop (which is in the header menu) on both languages.
- The language switcher works correctly on the mobile, but only when the language is set to English.

The problem is located in the mobile menu with RTL. Apparently there is some CSS conflict in the menu container when it is set as RTL and It's is related to the menu in general, not the language switcher.

To verify this, please remove the language switcher from the RTL mobile menu and see if the problem continues to happen. Please reply this ticket with the result.

You can also try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with your theme that is causing the problem.
IMPORTANT Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.
- Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.
- Then temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentySeventeen. With these settings, is the issue resolved?

To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations. We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.
NOTE: Please be sure to check the box to indicate you can provide debug info and paste your debug info in the debug field provided, and NOT in the general response field.

All the best,
Diego

May 14, 2018 at 7:35 pm #2126413

ghalibA-2

I disabled the language switcher, the issue still there. I switch the theme to Twenty Seventeen and the issue disappeared. So I think the issue related to the theme.

May 14, 2018 at 8:53 pm #2127159

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

In this case please contact the theme support and tell to check the mobile menu in the RTL version.

If you need more help, please contact us. We are at your disposal.

All the best,
Diego