This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 0.87 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by raulC-14 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 31, 2019 at 11:59 pm

raulC-14

Hello,

I've noticed that most of the pages in mobile view (for example Iphone 6S) are messed up.
This is happening in Main Language only (portuguese). In second language (english) the website is working and looking fine.

Don't know if it's WPML related, I've also contacted Porto Support (waiting for their reply).
But it's strange that suddenly this happened only in Portuguese language pages.

September 1, 2019 at 2:00 pm #4492569

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Raul,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Have you managed to sort this out in the meantime? I'm asking this because I checked your website on my mobile device and things look the same. Or maybe you can share a link where I can see this issue exactly.

Thanks,
Radu

September 1, 2019 at 4:18 pm #4492725

raulC-14

Hello Radu,

Thanks so much for replying to me on a Sunday.
Actually is still the same.

The homepage on both languages is fine! Working perfectly.
But try go, for example to SHOP page...and try to switch between languages the same page.
Not only the header is messed up, with different behaviour...but also the page itself, the way products are shown, etc.

hidden link ( portuguese)
hidden link ( english)

This is happening in all pages except both homepages.

I've cleaned cache of phone, of website aswell...still the same.

September 1, 2019 at 4:32 pm #4492865

raulC-14

Checked also on my wifes Ipad mini...same behaviour.
Don't know if it's something related with this ticket but look "similar":

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/layout-of-1-page-messed-up-in-1-language/

September 1, 2019 at 9:36 pm #4493297

Radu
Supporter

Hey Raul,

I checked both versions of the shop page and everything looks fine on my side. I made a few screenshots and attached here. I just cleared the cache from WP Fastest Cache but you said that you already tried that.

As I can see, the theme adds some dynamic styling, according to the browser inspector. Can you try to reach out the theme authors and see if there's any situation when the style is not generated? Maybe that's happening when the pages in each language look different.

Thanks,
Radu

September 2, 2019 at 8:42 am #4495345

raulC-14

Hello Radu,
Good Morning!

I've checked the pictures you've send...that's the way it supposed to show in both languages.
Don't understand why it doesn't show like that on our devices.
However, on portuguese pages, right now, the layout is way better than before, but not exactly how it supposed to be (as the pictures you've send).

Probably support from Porto and Yellow Pencil are checking it and making some changes before contacting me.

Any other suggestion from your side, in order to get the correct layout?

Thanks,
Raul

September 4, 2019 at 7:26 am #4508747

Radu
Supporter

Hey Raul,

The screenshots I attached to my previous message are taken from each language. I wanted to show you that the layout looks the same on English and Portuguese. Have you tell me if you (or maybe the Porto team) made any changes in the meantime to make things work fine?

Also, what's the device and browser that you're using on your side? Maybe this is happening only on a specific situation and I can try to use the same environment to see the issue. As I said, for now, everything looks the same on my side, no matter what language I choose.

Thanks,
Radu

September 11, 2019 at 10:19 am #4552483

raulC-14

My issue is resolved now. Thank you Radu.