This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 30, 2019 at 11:56 am

chrisJ-9

I am trying to:
I want month names to display in the correct language when displaying posts and other CPTs. For example, in English a date should display as '11 Jan 2019', but in Welsh it should display as '11 Ion 2019'.

I have Welsh installed as a language in WordPress, and the cy.mo and cy.po files are successfully in the /wp-content/languages/ folder, but the Welsh names still refuse to show up. I have checked cy.po and the month names are correctly translated in their full version and three-letter versions.

The code in the themes to display the name is get_the_date('M') . I have tried with get_the_date('F') to check that the issue isn't limited to the three-letter version of the name, but with 'F' as the date format, the full month name still shows up in English.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:
Welsh names for months, e.g. 22 Mai 2019

Instead, I got:
English names for months, e.g. 22 May 2019

May 30, 2019 at 11:57 am #3922813

chrisJ-9

Please can you make the links in this support ticket private.

May 30, 2019 at 8:09 pm #3926067

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

the links are marked as "private link" for any user not signed but if you wish i can remove them , now that i have seen where the issue is showing.

what are your results if you go to WPML->String Translation and look for the dates ?

The topic ‘[Closed] Month names not translating’ is closed to new replies.