This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
May 15, 2019 at 9:55 am #3814621

alessandroC-44

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to import products with tags
Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes, yours
Is there a similar example that we can see?
No
What is the link to your site?
Staging hidden link

May 15, 2019 at 12:57 pm #3816643

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

HI there,

I have checked this with the developer,

As I suggested in the chat the possible way to make the product taxonomy connected is to create the tags before import or the other solution is: you can import tags separately (on the first screen choose you are uploading taxonomies > product tags) at this stage you should have tags fixed together with translations (in CSV file). After importing tags, then you can upload products and tags will be recognized from the previous import.

Unfortunately, there is no other way to achieve this.

Kind regards
Raja

May 15, 2019 at 2:06 pm #3817509

alessandroC-44

Hi Raja, thanks for replying.
1. Ok. I'll import them before. Do I need to import 2 files? Italian first and then English with the translation ID to connect the translation?
2. Do I have to do the same with custom categories?
3. Do I have to do the same with attributes?
Many thanks

May 15, 2019 at 2:58 pm #3818071

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

Yes, you need to import two files the default language first followed by the secondary language taxonomies. The same applies to all the taxonomies, categories and tags.

please refer to taxonomy import manual hidden link

Kind regards
Raja

May 20, 2019 at 12:17 pm #3846649

alessandroC-44

Dear Raja, I translated sucessfully all the taxonomy but unluckily product tags ar not translatable.
I can't either do it with wp all import nor manually.
After spending more than an hour translating product tags one by one, i realized that the translations arent kept.
Awful.

May 21, 2019 at 5:34 am #3851995

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I have checked a couple of products in your dev site it seems like the tags are linked and translated => hidden link

Is it a different thing than what you are describing? Please give me an example link where the product tags are not properly linked.

Kind regards
Raja

May 21, 2019 at 7:39 am #3852703

alessandroC-44

Hi Raja. Please have a look at the attached screenshot.
1. WooCommerce Multilingual
2. Alerts.
Thanks
Alessandro

May 21, 2019 at 2:42 pm #3856285

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Alejandro,

Sorry, I missed that.

Please follow the below troubleshooting steps:

Backup your site and database
- Goto WPML > Support > Troubleshooting
- In the clean up section, In the posts drop down Select "Product" and click on "Sync post taxonomies"
- Repeat the same for " Variations " post type
- Click on the following
--- Clear cache with WPML
--- Reomve ghost entries
--- Set lanaguage information
--- Fix terms count
--- Recreate ST Db tables

Let me know the results.

Kind regards
Raja

May 26, 2019 at 9:48 am #3891513

alessandroC-44

WPML > Support > Troubleshooting: where do I find the Troubleshooting area, please? hidden link

May 27, 2019 at 4:23 am #3893441

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I have attached the screenshot for your convenience.

Kind regards
Raja

May 29, 2019 at 9:57 am #3914083

alessandroC-44

I need a urgent troubleshoooting, please. I did what you recommended but I didn't achieved any result. I can't translate taxonomies, please have a look at the short video I ask you to download from wetransfer hidden link
Many thanks

May 29, 2019 at 2:32 pm #3916421

alessandroC-44

I tried to disable all the plugins I could but I didn't get any significant achievement since I can't translate wordpress/woocommerce taxonomies. Could you please help? Thanks

May 29, 2019 at 4:47 pm #3917533

alessandroC-44

I managed to translate the taxonomies inserting a string in the wp-config file: define('WPML_TAXONOMY_TRANSLATION_MAX_TERMS_RESULTS_SET', 10000);
Anyway I'm facing another issue. Now some translations are duplicated: hidden link
And hidden link what does it mean, please?
And 3rd: let's have a look at the attributes screenshot hidden link the attribute diametro for example is correctly translated. But WPML created (? actually if I did, I didn't mean it...) other translations: hidden link Do I need to translate them?
And 4th: as you can see hidden link in English the product filter still doesn't work even if I'va actually translated the custom hierachical taxonomy (vetture make, model, year).
Many thanks.
Alessandro

May 30, 2019 at 10:08 am #3921993

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Raja is not Working today, if you don't mind I'll continue with you on this ticket. However, for support rules, we are able to handle only one issue at the time. This helps us to bring you a better service and also help other users to find all the information here exposed.

I'll try to answer your questions, but I have to kindly ask you to open a new thread for each issue if you need further assistance, you can assign it directly to me. In that way, you don't have to wait and we can continue working on it.

Before trying to answer your questions, keep in mind that using WooCommerce and WCML, we need to create all content(products, categories, tags, attributes, etc.) in the primary language.

Now some translations are duplicated: hidden link
I guess that you will need to remove the products that have the original language as English (the second one). I am not sure why it is duplicated, maybe you run the import several times.

And hidden link what does it mean, please?
This is a troubleshooting routine that helps translate(by copying) attribute terms that are not translated yet.

And 3rd: let's have a look at the attributes screenshot hidden link the attribute diametro for example is correctly translated. But WPML created (? actually if I did, I didn't mean it...) other translations: hidden link Do I need to translate them?
I believe that the second ones which have English as a primary language should be removed, remember the WCML best practice. The attributes and their terms should be created in the primary language then translated, they should not be registered with a secondary language.

And 4th: as you can see hidden link in English the product filter still doesn't work even if I'va actually translated the custom hierachical taxonomy (vetture make, model, year).
I think that this issue will need proper debugging in a separate ticket.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support