This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Stacey 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 9, 2019 at 7:15 pm #3779061

Stacey

I have two seperate sites. Two domain names/URL's

If I export xml files from my English site and xml files from my French site, import them into a new site, will they go to the appropriate language?

Note that not all content is translated and not all content will be translated.
I use Formidable Forms and The Events Calendar and want to import content from these as well.

Thanks!

May 9, 2019 at 9:44 pm #3779399

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. You will need to export the content of the two sites and then create a connector (perhaps manually) between the contents. Only after that will you be able to import and connect the content of your site.

You can see the step by step of our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/

Note:

- Exporting the content as XML or CSV will allow you to edit the content;
- The connector needs to be related between the posts. This is how WPML and WP All Import will know which posts are the translations;
- From what I understand, unfortunately, not all content is going to be translated and perhaps not all content is organized (organized by date, or ID, for example). so it will be necessary to do the connection work between the posts manually;

Despite the manual work that will be needed, probably using WP All Import will help in importing the content: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-all-import/

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

May 12, 2019 at 1:04 am #3791645

Stacey

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!