This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
March 24, 2020 at 5:26 pm #5753271

Giulio

Hello,

I already searched for a fix for this on the forum and on Google, but I didn't find anything easy. In 3 years using WPML we collected about 20/30 reviews to products in a wrong language. We'd really like to move these review from the wrong language to the correct one. How we can do it? Someone on WooCommerce Advance group on Facebook suggested me to do it directly inside the database, because it should be not so hard. Could you suggest me the action that I should have to do to follow this suggestion?

I take the advantage of this message to invite you to introduce on the plugin a way to do it. Because for example if we ask for a review to customers by a plugin that use a WooCommerce template mail the URL on products thumbnails or all others URLs are not switched in the second language automatically. But they keep in the default language. And it is a issue, because people that want to make a review do it in a wrong language page. I already notified that on another ticket, but I'm still waiting for a fix: https://wpml.org/it/forums/topic/woocommerce-follow-up-e-link-interni/

I hope that you will can help me.

Thanks a lot.

March 25, 2020 at 3:10 am #5756723

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. It doesn't really seem that simple. In fact, WPML will make a connection to post_ID and what language that post_ID is in. Then you will receive comments based on comment_post_ID.

That is, comment_post_ID, is connected to the post and then to the language. That way, even if you change the comment ID, you will not be connected.

That is, it is easier for you to copy each of these comments in the correct language than to change it within the database, which seems a little more complex.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

March 25, 2020 at 10:00 am #5758873

Giulio

Hi Bruno,

for us it's fine to copy each of these comments. But also in this case:

1) How can we do it in the best way?
2) How can we do it keeping the WooCommerce string "Verified owner"?

Thanks.

March 25, 2020 at 5:04 pm #5762979

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

1) Unfortunately, it will be necessary to do it one by one. Access the comments page (Dashboard > Comments), see which product the comment was made on and on your website, make the normal comment, with the customer's data (name, email, etc.). You can use an anonymous tab or another browser to do this.

2) After you make comments again, open the database and access the "_commentmeta" table. Note that for comments, they will have a value "verified". For those verified comments, change the value from "0" to "1". I will attach an image for you to see.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

March 25, 2020 at 6:12 pm #5763395

Giulio

Thanks a lot Bruno. It seems to be very easy. Just one question: how can I understand which is it the specific comment? I have a lot of them.

March 25, 2020 at 7:00 pm #5763597

Bruno
Supporter

You need to look at the comment ID (you can look at it within the "comment" table) and change the "commentmeta" accordingly. I will attach an image for you to see. Or you can access the comment and click on it to see the comment ID.

That is, looking at the comment and seeing what its ID is, you can look it up in the "commentmeta" table and make the changes.

Thank you.

March 26, 2020 at 9:59 am #5767659

Giulio

I'll do an attempt in the afternoon. Last question: can I change also the date? Because I'd like to also to copy the date of each review.

Thanks.

March 26, 2020 at 10:42 am #5768111

Giulio

Using the same E-mail address the post is automatically "owner verified". It could be that WooCommerce do a check? If a customer already bought, it add the string?

March 26, 2020 at 3:10 pm #5771209

Giulio

Coff, coff. I moved about 100 reviews. It was a struggle! Please please please introduce an easy feature to move comments between languages. I'm absolutely sure that it will helpful for everyone that use a multi-language web site.

Thanks Bruno, really!

March 26, 2020 at 3:11 pm #5771217

Bruno
Supporter

>>> I'll do an attempt in the afternoon. Last question: can I change also the date? Because I'd like to also to copy the date of each review.

Within the comments table, you can see that there is a column called "comment_date". You can use the date you want by changing this column.

>>> Using the same E-mail address the post is automatically "owner verified". It could be that WooCommerce do a check?

You can use any email as a workaround (example@example.com) and then manually change it within the "comment" table in the "comment_author_email" column.

Thank you.