This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alexanders-10 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
September 20, 2019 at 12:09 pm #4611987

alexanders-10

I am translating my website at hidden link from its native language (Croatian) into English. Since we have decided that it would strategically make more sense to completely rebrand the English version we would like to move it into a completely new domain (lets say hidden link or something along that route).

Should we complete the translation at the existing location (hidden link) and then somehow (how?) move just the english part of the site to the new domain OR move the existing (Croatian) site to new domain, translate there and then turn off Croatian?

Many thanks for your assistance!
Alex

September 20, 2019 at 12:52 pm #4612285

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I think that the answer for this lies here:
https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

So you can simply complete English translation, set another domain based on the tutorial above and you will have English on hidden link and Croatian where it is now.

So it is all about setting the domain and leaving WPML to do the rest, this can all be managed within one single site and is only dependent upon "Language URL format" option.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 24, 2019 at 2:57 pm #4632557

alexanders-10

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!