This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 16, 2019 at 4:26 pm #3827939

amrE-5

I'm building a woocommerce web site in a subdomain, this will be moved to root after finishing translation and testing the site.

The question is will my site work fine after moving to the root.

Thanks

May 16, 2019 at 11:05 pm #3829821

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Yes. After changing the domain of your site you will only need to update the URLs according to the new URL and this should be sufficient for your site to function correctly.

You can see the official WordPress documentation: https://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

May 17, 2019 at 12:57 pm #3834529

amrE-5

Hello Bruno,

Thanks for your reply, I installed the plugins and started translating my pages.
I have an issue with translated page that the content is messy.
the translated page is hidden link
the original page is hidden link

Thanks

May 17, 2019 at 6:23 pm #3836521

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.

About different problems of moving the site, may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question? According to our guidelines, only one issue per topic is allowed. Also, this will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you.