This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
August 23, 2019 at 6:38 pm #4449455

tomY-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?
We changed images on the English version of all pages and want to push the image changes to the translated pages. We are not translating those images - just changing out the actual image and it is not showing changed on the translated pages.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
We found in the WPML documentation that the checkboxes to duplicate uploaded media to translations should be checked but we unfortunately checked those boxes after translation was complete and then went back into the English pages and made image edits so now we don't know how to get those images changes reflected on the translated pages.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
One page this occurred on is
hidden link
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

August 24, 2019 at 1:02 am #4450049

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Initially, I tried to access your site, but you are prompted for a login to access it.

As I understand it, you will need to update these images manually in the secondary languages as well. I don't see a way on how you can do this automatically.

In each language, WPML saves a record in the database so you can edit the images (description, content, etc.). That is, they are different records. Editing this in the default language only should not work as expected. If editing manually, is the image saved correctly?

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Moving images edits to translated pages’ is closed to new replies.