This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by johnM-64 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
July 11, 2019 at 9:36 pm #4193187

johnM-64

I am trying to: use the advanced editor to translate my pages build in muffinbuilder betheme

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:individual strings listed out for translation

Instead, I got:the code string for muffin builder listed as 1 string

July 11, 2019 at 10:17 pm #4193279

johnM-64

If anyone else has this particular issue, the handling for the first part of my problem is to change options inside betheme

BeTheme -> Theme Options -> Global -> Advanced
Find the option
"Builder | Data Storage" and change it from "Encoded" to "Serialized (Safe mode)".

I can now see some of the data from my re-saved page (you have to edit and resave the muffin builder content to save it in the new format apparently)

but none of the text fields are showing up from inside the editor...

on creating a brand new page with some basic muffin builder content (freshly created in a fresh page) I get nothing showing up from the builder at all, only the page title.

I completed the translation and published the page, then tried again to see if this would kick start it, but again, all i get is the title and no muffin builder content appears. Very strange.

July 12, 2019 at 4:10 am #4195003

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

That is correct , what you were getting was the encoding therefore it is recommend to use either safe mode or serialized readable format required by some plugins

additionally please make sure that mfn-page-items is set to translate

when you access the default language page scroll to the bottom and review it.

let me know your results please

July 12, 2019 at 5:59 am #4195313

johnM-64

Hi Bobby,

thanks, for some reason mfn-page-items is greyed out... it is set to copy once and cannot be changed...

I have resaved the page after changing one thing in the edit or to resave in seralised readable format but still cannot change the option.. any ideas what im missing?

July 12, 2019 at 6:30 am #4195501

johnM-64

Found the solution to the greyed out field... 🙂

anyone else having this issue out of the box,

from the left menu choose

wpml - settings

then scroll down to custom fields translation - click the padlock next to mfn-page-items and set to translate. Save the section.

Then go back to the page and add translation to get the fields to show up as expected.