This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
August 19, 2019 at 6:42 pm #4418383

abderahimS

I am trying to translate my website from English to arabic

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see all the content to be translated but only some parts apear, many blocs are not existing for translation such as the columns containing shortcodes (see photos).

I have changed the website’s WP Memory Limit from 40MB to 256MB by adding the following code to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory

/** WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

The problem persists. Please help me.

PLEASE do not close this ticket before resolving the issue. Thanks

August 20, 2019 at 12:43 am #4419553

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. At this time you can only translate Muffin Builder content with ATE or manually by inserting the blocks just as you do in the default language. You can see more information in our documentation: https://wpml.org/2019/05/bethemes-muffin-builder-is-now-compatible-with-wpml/. That is, it is currently not possible to translate Muffin Builder using the Translation Editor.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

August 20, 2019 at 7:18 am #4421011

abderahimS

So pity that a premium plugin can not do the job... I Will think 1000 times before using this plugin form my websites next time.

What about dublicating the English page and inserting the Arabic translation, can this work?

Thanks

August 20, 2019 at 9:30 pm #4426633

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

>>> So pity that a premium plugin can not do the job... I Will think 1000 times before using this plugin form my websites next time.

The plugin does exactly what it promises. As explained earlier, it is possible to translate content, but not through the Translation Editor, as explained in our documentation. Still, you can translate the content by following the steps in our documentation.

>>> What about dublicating the English page and inserting the Arabic translation, can this work?

This should probably work too. First, you duplicate the page and then click to translate the page independently. That way the fields must be copied and then you can translate that.

You can follow the steps of our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/

Thank you.