Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Florent 7 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Harshad.

Author Posts
October 26, 2013 at 3:10 pm #282566

Nikita

Hi!
I am making site with multilingual shop with multi-currency.
I have an issue with Woocommerce Multilingual. I use manual currency management and I don't want to use automatic currency conversion (I can write why I can't use it if you need to know). I add product to cart, then go to cart, then switch to different language and what I see? It was 10$ and now it is 10 RUB! While it should be 320 RUB.

I've seen people reported same issues in 2012. And it is still not working! You should fix it before charge 79$ for WPML. Multi-currency shop was one of the main reasons why I've chosen WPML (there are some free multilingual plug-ins out there). You have lots of advertisement which states that everything works fine, but reality is far from that sadly.
Hope you will resolve this issue soon, or I will claim for refund...

Thanks and bes regards,
Nikita

October 26, 2013 at 3:14 pm #282567

Nikita

Sorry, I forgot to report versions.

WordPress - 3.7
WooCommerce - 2.0.18
WooCommerce Multilingual - 3.0
WPML - 2.9.3

October 27, 2013 at 4:41 am #282635

Harshad

Dear Nikita,

Did you add the exchange rates to store's base currency set?

October 27, 2013 at 10:28 am #282662

Nikita

Thanks for fast reply!

I haven't added exchange rates, because I want to manually set prices in different currencies for every product.

For example normal price for music CD in Russia is about 120-200 RUB (3.75-6.25$) while in US and Europe price for music CD is from 9$. If I was going to sell only CDs I could set exchange rate to have 120 RUB = 9$. But I need to sell also T-Shirts and other merch which are priced equally considering real currency exchange rate. That's why I can't use automatic exchange rate. I just need different exchange rate for different items.

I think that one of possible workarounds could be emptying cart when user changes language. If there is no possibility to fix manual multi-currency pricing work as intended. But sadly I am not a guru in programming.

October 28, 2013 at 9:07 am #282864

Harshad

Dear Nikita,

Different exchange rate for different items is not possible.

You can set exchange rates manually from WPML -> Woocommerce Multilingual for all items.

October 28, 2013 at 9:57 am #282912

Nikita

I fully understand that it is not possible to set different exchange rate for different items.

BUT you have a feature in WPML -> Woocommerce Multilingual : I will manage the pricing in each currency myself

I am talking about this feature. And it doesn't work right.

Once again: I manually set prices for item in different currencies: 9$ for English and 150 Rub for Russian. Then I add this item to cart being on English version of the site. Then I go to cart, everything is fine so far: there is added item and it is priced 9$. Then I change language to Russian AND the item's price is 9 Rub now! Not 150 Rub which it should be! It is definitely a bug.

Hope you get it this time...

October 28, 2013 at 10:29 am #282950

Harshad

Dear Nikita,

Hi have sent you email, Please download the attached WCML version and upload it to plugins folder via plugins menu, Remove the existing version first.

October 28, 2013 at 11:24 am #283018

Nikita

Thank you for fast support!
Now with Woocommerce Multilingual 3.0.1 it works fine.

November 2, 2013 at 10:25 pm #285888

Florent

Hello,

I have the exact same issue and I have to get it fixed ASAP as my client needs his site working by Tuesday. Could you please email me the 3.0.1 version of WC Mutilingual too ??
When do you plan to officially release this new version ?
(Maybe not the right place to ask this, but do you know around when will the WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping expension be WPML ready as I heard you guys got in touch with the developer ?)

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

Florent