This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.26 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Payfast not displaying in Multicurrency payment gateway

Solution: As of WooCommerce version 4.6.5 the supported payment gateway for Multicurreny payment is Paypal, Stripe, and BACS.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
July 11, 2019 at 6:47 pm #4192725

timH-29

I am trying to: Enable the Payfast gateway for south african Rand (ZAR) in WPML multicurrency

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: (Admin area)

I expected to see: Enable Payfast gateway, configure, and assign it only to ZAR currency. WPML presales support had said that WPML should work with any payment gateway woocommerce works with.

Instead, I got: Woocommerce Payfast gateway plugin will not enable because our store's base currency is not in ZAR.

I would have expected that WPML would be registering currencies in a way that the Payfast gateway could see ZAR as one of our currencies and enable. Do you have any ideas or suggestions about how to go about getting Payfast to work with WPML? Thanks.

July 12, 2019 at 11:24 am #4198043

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with your issue.

This seems like a compatibility issue, I have created a test site to isolate the issue, WPML, WooComerce, and WooComerce Multilingual is already installed. Please configure WPML and WooCommerce same as in your site.

Upload Payfast gateway plugin to the test site and complete any configuration. check if the issue can be reproduced there. Please note I request you to do only the bare minimum setup that is required to reproduce the issue.

One Click Login: hidden link

Please let me know once done.

Kind regards
Raja

July 12, 2019 at 2:22 pm #4199707

timH-29

Thanks Raja, I have installed Payfast in the test site and completed bare minimum config to reproduce the issue. I have attached a screenshot of the error I get when I try to enable the Payfast gateway in the test site under WooCommerce > Settings > Payments. We would like to use Payfast for ZAR with WPML's multicurrency, but still have our site's base currency be USD.

I also posted in the Payfast plugin's support forum. Here is that topic: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/payfast-and-wpml-multicurrency/

They say we can add USD using the Payfast plugin's woocommerce_gateway_payfast_available_currencies filter, but that we should check with you before doing that.

If we used that filter to get Payfast to enable, would it work with WPML? And then how could we make sure Payfast only works on ZAR, and never on USD or other currencies?

If you have other ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,

Tristan

July 15, 2019 at 4:06 am #4206949

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

Thanks for the information,

I have checked with the developer, Payfast is not supported with Multicurrency gateway. As of now, WooCommerce Multilingual supports only a few Payment Gateways (BACS, Paypal, Stripe) in the WooCommerce Multilingual > multicurrency settings.

I would request you consider submitting a feature request to add payfast to Multicurrency Payment gateway
https://wpml.org/suggest-a-new-feature-for-wpml/

I hope this helps you better.

Kind regards
Raja

July 16, 2019 at 8:11 pm #4223697

timH-29

Thanks, I will submit a feature request. Can you also please tell the developers and documentation writers that it would help to clearly list the supported gateways right on the main documentation page at https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/multi-currency-support-woocommerce/ . We received incorrect information about this while asking about supported gateways in the pre-sales forum.

July 17, 2019 at 4:00 am #4225743

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Thanks, I have forwarded your suggestion to the documentation team,
Sorry for the misinformation.

Kind regards
Raja