This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
May 29, 2020 at 3:59 pm #6251247

antonioP-39

The client is trying to use multi currency but the conversion is off by a little bit and the price is not converted exactly correct in the second language.

May 29, 2020 at 9:20 pm #6253025

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Please see my previous private reply and let me know once the migration has completed. Thanks!

May 30, 2020 at 9:44 am #6255329

antonioP-39

I created a staging site and a user account for you - can i post it here?
hidden link

May 30, 2020 at 9:55 am #6255345

antonioP-39

We were also able to isolate the issue with the switching currency while browsing (it defaults to CHF) to an issue with contact form 7 plugin (not the multilingual, the base plugin)

June 1, 2020 at 3:22 pm #6266669

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks so much for testing and finding that conflict. I added the Contact Form 7 plugin to the clean install where we were testing, but I wasn't able to reproduce the issue there. Would you want to try and create the same form on the test install so we can try and replicate the bug?

If you prefer me to test on your staging site, you can add the credentails in the next reply which I have marked as private.

June 2, 2020 at 6:47 pm #6276865

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for sharing the access. The issue was that the currency was set to round UP. WHen I disabled the rounding, the price shows the correct conversion:
hidden link

I found this to be the case with Contact Form 7 active or deactive. Also, after changing the price to Euros, I clicked on the Home button and then opened up the shop page again and selected another product. The price remains in Euros, and that is with Contact Form 7 activated. Am I following your steps correctly? Please let me know if not and I will be happy to further troubleshoot.

June 3, 2020 at 7:47 am #6280455

antonioP-39

The rounding error is gone - it doesn't move from 0,7/0.699 which is perfect - this also fixed the issue we were having with shipping fees.

The currency switcher error seems to present itself only with ONE specific admin account logged in - regardless of computer or browser, we cannot reproduce it with any other account (with your admin, another admin, with a normal client account or without one). We consider this a non-issue.

There is one last thing you might be able to help us with - is there a way to have the website display the prices by default in euro, but having the backend work in CHF as it is now, or does this require we re-set all the prices in euro in the backend?

Thank you very much for the help!

June 3, 2020 at 9:19 am #6281285

antonioP-39

Unfortunately, it seems like the switcher issue persists.

I have found a way to reproduce it reliably. You can see it on any account, but you can also try to register a new user account:
- switch to euro
- add a product to your cart
- go to cart
- change the product amount to 0 and to 1 to unlock the update cart button
- click update cart
- the prices will be now switched to CHF, with the switcher still set to euro
- Switch to CHF and then to EUR
- browse and you'll see it defaults to CHF regardless of what you set.

June 3, 2020 at 5:41 pm #6286329

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for the clear steps. I was able to reproduce on your staging site, but I was not able to reproduce on a clean install. I noticed that there were updates available for both WooCommerce and WPML plugins, so I updated all and now I can no longer reproduce on the staging site. I'm thinking something in the updates resolved it. Can you test on your end as well and confirm if you are still seeing the issue or not? Thanks.

June 4, 2020 at 8:26 am #6291007

antonioP-39

CF7 has been disabled on the staging site - that's why you can't reproduce it anymore. I activated it again and the issue still persists.

June 4, 2020 at 12:42 pm #6293957

Lauren
Supporter

I just tested again on the staging site with a default theme Twenty Twenty and the issue is resolved. Can you please test this as well and let me know your results?

June 4, 2020 at 2:57 pm #6295901

antonioP-39

We did some debugging and the problem is attributable to this line of code in the functions.php of any theme.

add_filter('widget_text', 'do_shortcode');

We use this code to load shortcodes in text widgets in the sidebar (for cf7 in this case).
If that code is running, whenever a cf7 form is loaded in a page, that page won't keep the currency switcher selection when updated.
We need to be able to load shortcodes in those positions. How could we solve this issue?

Thank you.

June 4, 2020 at 6:01 pm #6297845

Lauren
Supporter

Since it works with the default theme, this is not considered a bug and is happening due to custom code. Custom code solutions are outside of the scope of our support policy, but I'm sure one of our partner contractors would be able to further assist you if you need additional help. You can find a list of our certified partners from this link: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/wpml-contractors/

The topic ‘[Closed] Multi Currency conversion is slightly off’ is closed to new replies.