This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 11, 2019 at 6:59 am #3789783

Станислав Петряшов

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I click to USD/EUR/RUB links on page hidden link for switching currency and receive 404 error

Why it is not worked properly?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Thank you!

May 12, 2019 at 7:56 pm #3793783

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I can see the issue on your site. At the beginning when I switched the currency, it worked properly, but then I could see the 404 error. By looking at the debug info that you have attached I can see that your server WP Memory Limit is set to 40M.
Our recommendations are to have the following as minimal requirements:
- PHP 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation) with a WP Memory Limit of at least 128MB and more if possible.
- MySQL 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation).
Please follow this link for detailed documentation:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Is it possible for you to change those to the minimum requirement?
You may need to contact your hosting provider for that.
Meeting those baseline requirements is most critical before starting to debug and sometimes solves issues like you experiencing.
Most important is to raise the WP Memory Limit.
Please try to raise it before you contact your hosting company.
You can try and do it from the wp-config.php file in your WordPress installation.
Insert this code in that file.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it before this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Could you please perform that procedure and see if it help?

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 13, 2019 at 5:35 am #3795251

Станислав Петряшов

Hi Itamar,
I already fixed this issue yesterday (memory limit)
But currency switching not worked still

Latest dump:
--removed by supporter--

May 14, 2019 at 12:49 pm #3806919

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for trying my suggestions.

When I check the browser's consol I can see that there is a problem with the admin-ajax.php file of your WordPress installation. Please see the attached screenshot. I'm not sure that this an issue that is caused by WooCommerce Multilingual or WPML but I'm going to consult our second tier supporters about this issue.
Meanwhile, you can also check if other ajax operations that are triggered by your theme or another plugin are also failling. Can you please check that?

At the moment, my suspicion is that there is a collision with the theme or another plugin that might cause this problem. If possible get your site into a minimum environment. Minimum environment means switching to a default WordPress theme like Twentyseventeen and no plugins activated except WPML.
Is it possible for you to try it?
You will need first to check if the problem persists when just the theme is switched to Twentyseventeen (for example). If it persists then deactivate all plugins except the WPML and its add-ons and WooCommerce itself. Then please check if the problem persists. If it does not persist so start by activating the plugins one by one and check when the problem comes back, then report to me which was the culprit plugin.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 14, 2019 at 5:24 pm #3809567

Станислав Петряшов

Hi Itamar,
A changed theme to Twentyseventeen and problem with switching currency fixed. You can see it now also.
Problem was in integration Theme Savoy and WPML.
Can you provide more detail diagnostic and try resolve this issue?
I can give you full access to admin panel, if you need it
Thanks

May 14, 2019 at 7:08 pm #3810119

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for trying the minimum environment procedure.

If indeed there is a compatibility issue with your theme and WPML we would need to check things on a fresh WordPress installation. Then our compatibility team would be able to help and see if they can come up with a fix for this issue. For this, I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link
Through this link, you will be automatically logged in. (If nobody logs in the test site will be available for one week from today.)
Could you please install the Savoy theme and see if the issue is replicable on a clean WordPress installation?
Please configures WPML as it is configured on your site.
Please also make sure that you are installing the latest version of the theme.

It is important for me to mention that the Savoy theme by NordicMade hidden link is not on our compatibility list here https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/. Not being on this list does not mean that it is not compatible; it just means we do not know yet if it is. Please note that in some cases the cooperation of the theme author might be required to solve this issue.

Please let me know when everything is ready.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 14, 2019 at 7:33 pm #3810357

Станислав Петряшов

Hi,
I reproduced currency issue on your site.
Thanks,

May 15, 2019 at 3:40 pm #3818477

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thank you for reproducing the problem on the test site.

I've escalated this issue to our compatibility team.
We'll keep you updated here of any news regarding this issue.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

May 30, 2019 at 5:32 pm #3925449

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Here is the workaround that our compatibility supporter has come up with to solve this issue.

1. Open this file from your theme wp-content/themes/savoy/functions.php and uncomment line number 7.

2. Now open this file from your theme wp-content/themes/savoy/assets/js/dev/nm-shop-single-product.js and replace lines 204-207 of the same file with:

singleProductRedirectWithHash: function(shopLink) {
            var url = $(shopLink).attr('href');
            if (url) {
                window.location.href = url + '#shop';
            }

Check if things are OK.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

Please let us know.

Regards,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Multi currency not worked properly’ is closed to new replies.