This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
April 21, 2019 at 4:28 am

philippeC-20

Hi, here is my issue:
I have a website that takes subscription. I run WPML and Woocommerce Multi Language with the multi currencies (Original Currency is JPY, added ones are Euro, USD, AUD, CAD, GBP).

Renewal orders are all processed via Stripe, all on Automatic renewal, with customer payment ID and Payment source etc being correct between my website and Stripe.

Now, renewal orders in Euro do not process at all. No order notes (see screenshot), no debug log for Stripe or PHP error on my server.
Here is the steps:
> Subscription active, process renewal action
> Renewal Order created
> No payment so order goes Pending Payment
> Subscription becomes On Hold

Other automatic renewals in other currencies are working fine (JPY, GBP, USD, CAD, AUD). Just the EURO ones do not go through.

I have spoken with the Prospress (Woocommerce Subscription) support team for a while. We did a lot of testing, checked Cron jobs, checked on a staging website, disabled theme, disable plugins etc. No issues found so they decided to lead me to you guys as they have been able to duplicate this euro issue too.

April 22, 2019 at 5:07 pm #3657303

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thanks for reporting this issue.

The Woocommerce Subscription plugin by Prospress is compatible with WooCommerce Multilingual.
https://wpml.org/plugin/woocommerce-subscriptions-2/
It has some known issues, but I couldn't find the issue that you are reporting.

To escalated this issue to our compatibility team we need to be able to replicate it on a fresh WordPress installation. For this, I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link
Through this link, you will be automatically logged in. (If nobody logs in the test site will be available for one week from today.)
Could you please install the Woocommerce Subscription see if the issue is replicable on a clean WordPress installation?
Please configures WPML as it is configured on your site.
Please also make sure that you are installing the latest version of the plugin.

Thanks,
Itamar.

April 23, 2019 at 1:07 am #3658885

philippeC-20

Hi, Thank you for your answer.
I understand the need to replicate the issue but I cannot activate Stripe with a non HTTPS website.
What should we do to test a subscription product if we cannot connect Stripe?

Please let me know what we should do. I can provide loggin for my Staging Site if it is easier.

Best Regards

April 23, 2019 at 8:22 am #3660549

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

OK, I understand. Please provide all the access credentials to your staging site and allow us to debug this issue on the staging site. Please also share with us the FTP credentials. Please explain to us the steps to replicate and see the issue.

Thanks,
Itamar.

April 23, 2019 at 9:00 am
April 23, 2019 at 9:06 am #3661013

philippeC-20

To replicate the issue:
- Enable Stripe Test Mode
- Go to an "On Hold" Subscription based in Euro like the #7388 (testing one).
- Activate the subscription
- Top right under Subscription Actions, select the "Proceed to renewal" action.

=> You should see a Subscription note stating that a renewal order has been created and that the Subscription is back in "On Hold".
Now going to the WC Orders, you will see the renewal order status being on "Pending Payment".
After clicking on it, you will discover that no order notes have been added at all.
Not even a Stripe process or a failed payment.

Try also in other currencies but as I said, I've been able to proceed renewals on my Live website with Stripe in Live and Test without issues; except for Euro.

April 23, 2019 at 9:33 pm #3667673

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the access details. They work.

I'm sorry but I try to follow your explanation, and I can't find things.

- Enable Stripe Test Mode
Where do I do that?
Is Stripe Test Mode enabled already?

- Activate the subscription
I pressed the 'Reactivate' option. Please see the attached screenshot reactivate.jpg
Is that OK?

- Top right under Subscription Actions, select the "Proceed to renewal" action.
=> You should see a Subscription note stating that a renewal order has been created and that the Subscription is back in "On Hold".
I couldn't find that. Could you please add a screenshot?

Now going to the WC Orders, you will see the renewal order status being on "Pending Payment".
I couldn't find this subscription #7388.
What should I look for?

Also, I can see that WooCommerce, WPML and its add-ons and WooCommerce Stripe Gateway are not updated on your site.
Could you please update every plugin that is involved in this and see check if the issue persists?

Moreover, I can see that you are using the WP Rocket cache plugin. So maybe it is a cache issue.
Could you please test if the problem persists when the cache is disabled?

The best thing to do will be to check if the issue persists in a minimal environment.
1. Switch the theme to a default WordPress theme like the 2019 theme.
2. Deactivate all the plugins that are not involved including cache plugins.
3. Check if the issue persists.
4. If it does not persist then activate the theme and check if it persists.
5. If it does persist, then start to activate each plugin one by one and check when the issue returns
6. Report to me which was the culprit plugin.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Multi Currency: subscriptions renewal orders not working in Euro via Stripe’ is closed to new replies.