Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.


This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by karelG 2 years, 9 months ago.

Author Posts
March 10, 2017 at 3:33 pm #1227537


I am trying to: get the multidomain to work properly.

URL of (my) website where problem appears:

Main site: hidden link
English domain: hidden link
French domain: hidden link

Yesterday evening I got it to work perfectly. I registred a domain name, assigned nameservers to it and created a records to the main site ip.

I then created alliases on the hosting of the main site.

I worked.

This morning however, it didn't anymore. I find it very strange and the only two things I can think of it got something to do with the TTL, so it was somehow working but only because some records where not live yet.

The other thing I can think of is that WMPL somehow broke.

Can't get my head around it. I changed nothing over night.

March 10, 2017 at 6:37 pm #1227686


Found the problem. It was a dns thing. Dont forget to also add the www. subdomain as an a record to the original server/site!