Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 4 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
November 4, 2015 at 6:57 am #739022

laurentB-13

Hi,

My Woocommerce website is using the following set-up:
- different domains for the Englsih version et the French version.
- anonymous checkout only (no ability to create user account).

I'd like that users ordering through the English version receive all notification emails in English and users ordering through the French version receive all notification emails in French.

At the moment, all users received notification emails in French.

Is there a particular or custom development to do to achieve this ?

Thanks in advance

Laurent

November 5, 2015 at 10:35 am #740235

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello.
Then expected behaviour of WPML + WCML + Woocommerce is that the Woocommerce emails should be sending end-point notifications depending on the language of the order.

This will happen if all configuration has been set correctly.

If all of your emails are being sent in the primary language, this indicates to me that you have enabled the email notification but have not translated the associated strings which are usually configurable within Woocommrece > Settings.

These are admin-texts and should be maintained always in English (regardless of the primary language of your installation)

Can you please confirm that:
1. You have enabled translation by WPML Strings
2. You have completed the translation of the strings associated with the email notifications. (see image)

If, after having confirmed these 2 items, you are still having trouble generating the proper email languages:

3. Technical Information on you environment
Could you please provide information about your environment by following thsese steps: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

4. Configuration Settings
Please confirm that there are no errors reported by the system when visiting
4.1 Woocommerce > Stystem Status
4.2 WPML > WCML > General Settings.

Thanks for your feedback.

November 20, 2015 at 6:43 am #750822

laurentB-13

Hi,

Thanks for the checklist. Everything is fine except I see the email headings and subjects in French on Woocommerce > Settings > Emails even though my admin language is English.

How can I revert to English as base language ?

Thanks

November 20, 2015 at 6:57 pm #751611

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello.

(1) Technical Information on you environment
Could you please provide information about your environment by following thsese steps: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

2. Can you please confirm the default language of your system?

3. If you try changing your theme temporarily to Twenty Fourteen, with admin and user-profile language set to EN, do your email headings/subjects remain in English?

Please note that there are some themes that where we have noticed that the display is reading the WordPress system language for the display of these fields. This means that although the database stores the text correctly, the system keeps displaying and using the wrong language

Thanks for letting me know.

The topic ‘[Closed] Multi-domain WPML Woocommerce notification emails issue’ is closed to new replies.