This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alinam-2 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
March 6, 2019 at 5:58 am #3277058

alinam-2

I am trying to: update the currency exchange rates within Woo WPML

Receive this message:
You have not supplied an API Access Key. [Required format: access_key=YOUR_ACCESS_KEY]

The API is supplied and correct, double checked.

Tried with default theme, all plugins desactivated, no effect.

March 7, 2019 at 5:50 pm #3286178

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

This looks like you need to populate the API to use the multi-currency service. What steps are you taking to get this message to appear?

Are you choosing any external service to do this conversion?

Thank you.

March 10, 2019 at 6:49 am #3303069

alinam-2

Hello,
To get the message?
Woocommerce / WC multilingual / multicurrency
-> manually update now
The api key is OK, double checked.
External service? It's your partner, the one chosen by WPML (Fixer.io)
Kind regards

March 11, 2019 at 10:31 pm #3316977

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

March 13, 2019 at 1:13 am #3329073

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you. I think I've been able to replicate the problem you're reporting. I will contact the 2nd tier support to verify this and soon I will contact you.

Thank you.

May 20, 2019 at 11:29 am #3846359

alinam-2

Hi there,
It does not work.
Or, to be more precise, it worked once, and then, finished. Impossible to update.
Kind regards

May 20, 2019 at 8:53 pm #3850193

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

At this point, I can not replicate the problem anymore. I went to your website and followed the same steps. Then I noticed that the call was updated successfully. I'll attach an image for you to see.

Please, note that there is a limit to these APIs. If you use more than the limit (which is limited by external services), this should in fact not work. At the moment, I have tested this directly on your website and it is working properly.

Thank you.

May 21, 2019 at 5:13 am #3851893

alinam-2

Hi,
It's weird. I see that you apparently succeeded. I say apparently because I can't check that the exchange rates were actually updated, and because I just tried again, and as a result, I have this never ending circle turning and turning ....
How long did you wait?
Kind regards

May 21, 2019 at 11:27 pm #3859195

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

I waited a few seconds. At most 5 seconds. Have you tried doing this in another browser to test?

Thank you.

May 24, 2019 at 4:12 am #3881071

alinam-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!