This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
June 11, 2019 at 4:51 pm #3997409

sonyaW

We have a regular problem with WPML and Multicurrency on a website that we have taken over from another developer.

We have three Currencies defined with exchange rates (GBP, EUR, USD).

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
This product page should be showing the default currency for your browser's language
hidden link (hidden to stop SE spiders indexing the domain name and displaying it).

I expected to see:
When you move forward and back through the products it can jump from currency to currency.
(see screengrab for navigation).

Instead, I got:
We get different product prices in different currencies as we move forward and backwards.

Now I note according to your thread that MultiCurrency is not GEOIP and based on browser lanaguge.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/multicurrency-2/

Does that mean it would be just based on my browser language? If so my version Chrome shows the following based on this test link hidden link

Detected 3 languages in your web browser.

Language Codes Language Names
en-US English
en-GB English
en English

Would this mean that WPML / Multicurrency is picking the currency based on any of my browser lanaguages set? Could that be the reason for moving between currencies?

As a side note this problem seems to "get worse" over time as if a cache is involved but we have now turned the CDN and Cache off to see if that stops that part of the issue.

June 12, 2019 at 5:17 am #4000249

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Browser redirections are based on browser language, but take notice that after the first time a user is redirected there is a grace period before the cookie is deleted for another redirection to kick in, in default this is 24 hour.

Further, we recently released new versions of WPML plugins with fixes and improvements so could you please update the plugin to the latest version and let me know if this helps?

NOTE:

+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] Multicurrency not displaying reliably’ is closed to new replies.