This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by VA 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 1, 2018 at 11:50 am #2777895

VA

Hi,

I try to set up EUR and HUF prices of products of my now 3 language webshop (NL, EN, HU),
but I have some comments and issues:

- thousand separator is " " (space) in our country, but I can not select it, only comma and dot allowed. Pls. add this option.

"Since 2003,[23] the use of spaces as separators (for example: 20 000 and 1 000 000 for "twenty thousand" and "one million") has been officially endorsed by SI/ISO 31-0 standard,[24] as well as by the International Bureau of Weights and Measures and the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC),[25][26] the American Medical Association's widely followed AMA Manual of Style, and the Metrication Board, among others."

- Rounding, increment and autosubstract setting are apllied only for base price, but not for sale price (pls. see screenshots)! I think it should be either applied or optional.

Thanks,
Best,
A.

October 2, 2018 at 8:33 pm #2782762

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Thanks for reporting these issues. I will first be trying to replicate them on my local test site. After successfully reproducing the issue, I will then be able to escalate the bugs to our programmers.

I will update you here on the progress I make.

October 3, 2018 at 11:43 pm #2785913

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

1. Rounding and Sale Prices
In my test system, I was unable to replicate this behaviour. The rules applied to the sale price in the same way that it was applied to the base price.

Can you check my images and tell me what data I should try to recreate your issue?

October 4, 2018 at 12:01 pm #2787429

VA

Hi Yvette,

why don't you try exactly the same settings I have and shown on 2nd screenshot?
Pls. use HUF, 0 decimals etc.
1 EUR = 325 HUF ( approximately)

Thanks

October 4, 2018 at 8:37 pm #2788731

Yvette
Supporter

It is the same result.

October 4, 2018 at 9:19 pm #2788792

VA

What Woo price setting do you use?
I use price shown including VAT tax...
Seeing my scrrenshot:
840 118 (sale price):
840 118/1,27= 661 510,24
~661 510
27% is VAT in Hungary, so the plugin maybe does its rounding etc. process on price VAT excluded?

Could you also responde to my first topic?
"thousand separator is " " (space) in our country, but I can not select it, only comma and dot allowed. Pls. add this option."

October 4, 2018 at 11:15 pm #2788918

Yvette
Supporter

Yes, I have checked with our 2nd tier WCML group....they have said it is a good feature request and so I will be creating one to add this third option. I was just trying to find if there was a temporary workaround to offer you ...but I don´t have an answer on that yet.

October 4, 2018 at 11:55 pm #2788937

Yvette
Supporter

Hello
I was finally able to reproduce the issue.
I believe I have found the reason why the rounding rule is sometimes applied and sometimes it is not...at least on my system.

The rounding rules are only applied on the 2nd currency. No rounding rules are applied on the sale price for Woocommerce default currency. This is true whether or not multicurrency is enabled.

Do you concur that this is true?

October 5, 2018 at 8:19 am #2789851

VA

Hello,

what do you mean "default currency"?
If it is "Base currency" set in Woocommerce / General, then it is EUR.
It's obvious that rounding rules etc. are only applied on other currencies than base currency 🙂
But you are going to the right direction, because HUF WAS the base currency and EUR was later added and changed to base currency.

Pls. don't forget what I wrote about doing rounding etc. with the NET SALE price, irrelevantly from the Woo tax settings (which is price set tax included in my shop)
661 510 looks processed etc. correctly (ends with zero) and:
661 510 * 1,27 = 840 117,7 ~840 118 !!

October 5, 2018 at 8:25 am #2789855

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

You wrote: "...Pls. don't forget what I wrote about doing rounding etc. with the NET SALE price, irrelevantly from the Woo tax settings (which is price set tax included in my shop)..."

My interest is to escalate this ticket as quickly as possible to the right people but I must be able to clearly replicate and explain the issue.

I´m sorry but you know more about Woocommerce functions than I do. Could you please include all configuration screens that would be relevant for me?

Thanks for your understanding and most of all PATIENCE.

October 5, 2018 at 9:04 am #2789968

VA

Hello,

I have a feeling WPML considers "default currency" as the currency of the WPML default language - at least in some cases!
So HU is the default WPML language and EUR the Woo base currency.
Pls. see 4 screenshots with my setting details.

October 5, 2018 at 9:23 am #2790089

VA

Oh, I see now what you mean "default currency" and it is clearly not always the same as Woocommerce base currency!
Pls. see new screenshot!
So I now understand you and clearly this is the issue!
The rounding etc. should be done for the currencies other than the Woo base currency and not for currencies other than the WPML default currency ( as it works now)

October 5, 2018 at 9:47 am #2790233

VA

In Woocommerce Multilingual / Multi Currency I changed for Hungarian language the default currency from "HUF" to "Keep", logged out and in again, cleared cache etc.
but the EUR prices of the products are still locked!
The hover hint says:
"The field is locked for editing because WPML will copy its value from the original language."

October 5, 2018 at 10:31 am #2790403

VA

What I figured out:
1) I modified (WPML) default currency for HU to "Keep" (from HUF)
2) I have to modify the product price on its HU translation page irrelevantly from whether the WPML default language is HU or NL (it's not locked there, even if NL is the default language, so we might have supposed the default language is locked)!!
And I have to add the prices in EUR and not in HUF (irrelevantly from the fact that for HU language HUF is set as currency (not default!) and EUR is the Woocommerce base currency!

With these settings I tested 4 products' prices and rounding etc. now looks OK, so the original problem is resolved.

After wasting hours on this issue, I must say the concept of WPML's multi currency mode is very confusing, not clearly documented ( docs, hover hints or permanent help texts on the relevant pages/areas etc.),
so I kindy ask WPML to reconsider this multi currency operation and also provide some more hints on the right places...

Changing the default language from HU to NL raised other issues ( WPML Navigation Language Switcher disappeared, even on those product pages where all 3 (EN, NL, HU) translations are existing ),
but this gonna be another support thread.

I don't close ticket, allow you to ask any (to help WPML in debugging or with other info), after that we can close ticket!

October 8, 2018 at 10:04 am #2795482

Yvette
Supporter

Hello!

I have read through your multicurrency "journey" (the best word I can find). There is a points of clarification I should make and I have one clarification question:

1. Original language v. site Default language
The "origianl" language of a product is unrelated to the multi-currency settings in WCML or the Woocommerce base currency in the Woocommerce settings area.

The "original" language of a post type is the language in which the post type (e.g. product) was created. It determines the direction of data synchronisation of the post-meta between post-ids that are in the same translation group. This determines which post-meta fields are locked. It does not have anything to do with the site default language.

This also means that you can change your site default language independently from what the system views as the "original" language of the product/post type.

2. Original issue
Do I understand that you have found the resoultion to the original issue with how to achieve the correct rounding but that I should create a feature request for better documentation on how the "keep" v. "default" currency work with roudning as well as the difference between "Base" and "Default" currency when using Multicurrencies?

Thanks for confirming these points.