This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 25 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
June 27, 2019 at 2:18 pm #4100745

Alessandro

Good morning,
before installing web directory 2.0 everything was working like a charm. This website use multidomain (Main language italian and then english and spanish).
The problem appear installing web directory 2.0. We contacted the support but they says that their plugin is fully wpml compliant. So we gave them access to ftp and to wordpress backend. They said that on an installation with multilanguage in a single web server is not possible to fix (??!!). To fix it they need different ftp per languages. I think that is simply unlikely and I think that Your support could be help us to find a work around to this problem.
The issue appear in this link hidden link and if I change language everything works like expected.
When You try to link a specific listing link from italian (example 108Bistro hidden link)
It works BUT if You try to the same thing from english starting from hidden link and linking 108Bistro You'll notice that permalink in not build correctly eg. hidden link adding the spanish "guia-de-tenerife-en-line" instead "tenerife-guide-online". If You continue navigation switching language apparently everything seems to work.
Summary
The single listing page work correctly. But starting from the base directory in english the permalink is not build correctly.
Please help us ...we don't find any way to solve it
Warm regards
Ale

June 27, 2019 at 6:34 pm #4102161

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Ale,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Web 2.0 Directory is listed in our compatibility list for the plugin. But our compatibility team has not recently tested it. Please check the following links for more details.

https://wpml.org/plugin/web-2-0-directory/

hidden link

I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 28, 2019 at 2:31 pm #4108633

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ale,

Thank you for the login information. But I am getting the following warning while login. Please check.

ERROR: The username or password you entered is incorrect. Lost your password?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 28, 2019 at 6:00 pm #4109811

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ale,

Thank you for the updates. I can log in to the site now. But one doubt. Have you made any changes in the settings? Because *108Bistro* post link of this URL hidden link is showing *PAGE NOT FOUND* error.

Does it related to this issue? Please check it and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 28, 2019 at 6:41 pm #4109911

Alessandro

Good evening Bigul,
yes is related to the issue.
Infact You start from hidden link
and when You click on the post link if You check the address the permalink is wrong:
hidden link
instead:
hidden link
Thank You very much
Ale

June 29, 2019 at 1:05 pm #4111663

Alessandro

Good morning Bigul,
If it helps I want to inform You that we have set in the backend of wordpress in the Permalink section the Plain option (eg. domain.com/?=123) EVERYTHING works like a charm BUT if we set Custom structure (eg. /%postname%/) EVERYTHING continue to works great except Web directory 2.0 as You can see.
Hope this help to investigate and discover the issue.
Warm regards
Ale

June 29, 2019 at 5:35 pm #4112655

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ale,

Thank you for the feedback. Please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 29, 2019 at 5:42 pm #4112657

Alessandro

Good evening Bigul,
Please proceed with duplicator.
We’ll wait for Your feedback
Thank you very much
Ale

June 30, 2019 at 4:40 pm #4114471

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ale,

Thank you for your permission. I made a Duplicator copy of your site using Duplicator Pro plugin now. Because I had issues while trying with Duplicator free version. The package got interrupted a few times. Please check the attached images for more details. Will debug the issue further and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

June 30, 2019 at 5:02 pm #4114661

Alessandro

Good evening Bigul,
we'll wait. In the meanwhile if we can help You in anyway don't hesitate to ask for.
Warm regards
Ale

July 1, 2019 at 5:32 pm #4121391

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ale,

The bug is existing on my local copy after the initial debugging steps. Therefore I am trying to reproduce the issue in a fresh installation as a part of our escalation process. But not able to reproduce the issue exactly on a fresh installation. So I have a doubt about the Web Directory settings. How you are changing the slug of Directory listing post's slug.

For an example from hidden link to hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 1, 2019 at 6:11 pm #4121653

Alessandro

Hi Bigul,
the slug of the directory was changed in various way:
- renaming the page/permalink (issue not solved)
- creating new pages per languages (issue not solved)
The strange thing is that if You open the single link in the editing page the url path is correct, but in the main container the behaviour is ness (and it redirect in spanish language with apparently no reason).
Please help us out here.. we cannot figure it out... 🙁
Thank You very much
Ale

July 1, 2019 at 6:16 pm #4121669

Alessandro

Another info. The developer of web directory 2.0 told us that if we had 3 different ftp he could fix the issue (but wpml multidomain in our case works with one hidden link.)
It could be helps to investigate..
Thank You very much
Ale

July 2, 2019 at 7:21 am #4124603

Alessandro

Good morning Bigul,
I'd like to clarify the situation because I'm afraid that we risk to do confusion.
The issue is related Web directory 2.0.
We have set the page hidden link
as "container" of all list using the shortcode [webdirectory custom_home="1" id="1"].
If You click on other languages this page is translated correctly, but if You click on single list (above the map) the link is wrong.
This behaviour was after the modifications done ny web directory developper.
He changed the file: wp-content/plugins/w2dc/classes/shortcodes/directory_controller.php
He added this string at statement 724:

$w2dc_instance->directories->setDirectoriesURLs();

And the result is what You can see.
We tried to remove this modification and the behaviour change as follow:
The "container" hidden link works great.
If You change language everything seems to works great.
If You click on a list the link is correct.
THE ONLY ONE problem is that when You land to the related list page (eg. Bistro108) if You try to change language it goes in 404.
I really hope this could help too.
Thank You very much.
Ale

July 2, 2019 at 4:41 pm #4128809

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ale,

Thank you for the details. I have shared it with our team and waiting for their expert opinion. I have a couple of doubts.

1) Please share a screencast(video) of Directory Listings creation. Because I created a couple of Posts in my test copy it is not working as expected. May I will be missing some settings.

2) Please let me know more details about the following for a better understanding. I mean the code you have changed.

He added this string at statement 724:

$w2dc_instance->directories->setDirectoriesURLs();

And the result is what You can see.
We tried to remove this modification and the behaviour change as follow:
The "container"
hidden link works great.

--
Thanks!

Bigul