Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 25 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 2, 2019 at 5:04 pm #4129067

Alessandro

Good evening Bigul,
didi You tested on envirovment with wpml emulating our situation (different language per domain) ?
Our envirovment is configured with one italian domain (base) and .com and .es point the same ip. Wpml manage the translation.
Did You replicate the same situation?
About the modification was not made by us but from the developer of web directory 2.0.
Waiting for an Your kind reply
Ale

July 2, 2019 at 6:23 pm #4129407

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Ale,

Thank you for the updates. In my local copy(duplicator of your live site) the issue is happening when Language URL format is *Different languages in directories* also.

But in a fresh installation, I am not able to reproduce the issue exactly with *Different languages in directories* and *A different domain per language* settings. That is why I requested for a screencast(video) of Directory Listings creation. Just to make sure I am not missing any settings.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 2, 2019 at 6:30 pm #4129419

Alessandro

Hi Bigul,
Unfortunately if U cannot reproduce the same environment you cannot investigate about the problem. In a fresh installation obviously everything works but we are in a different situation. May U support us or we have to give up ?
Thank You very much for Your attention
Regards
Ale

July 2, 2019 at 6:42 pm #4129459

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ale,

Thank you for the updates. The issue is reproducible with your Duplicator copy. We tried to reproduce the issue in a fresh installation as a part of our escalation procedures. Because this may be happening due to compatibility issues.

We are still debugging the issue and will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 7, 2019 at 6:31 am #4157237

Alessandro

Good morning Bigul,
We are waiting but we didn’t receive any news from You? Is there any chance to figure it out?
Warm regards
Ale

July 8, 2019 at 5:53 am #4159197

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ale,

For your kind updates, the issue is existing after our primary investigation steps. Therefore the ticket is escalated to our second tier team for further debugging. We will get back to you soon when we have an update from our second tier team on this. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 16, 2019 at 6:19 am #4216517

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ale,

For your kind updates, we are getting the expected result on our local copy after the following changes. The code changed in the new version of *Web directory* plugin is to fix an issue with the language switcher on the single pages.

1) Visit *wp-content/plugins/w2dc/classes/shortcodes* folder
2) Open *directory_controller.php* file for edit
3) Change the code in line 724

From

$w2dc_instance->directories->setDirectoriesURLs();

To

if ($this->is_single) {
    $w2dc_instance->directories->setDirectoriesURLs();
}

So after this change, it works as expected in the listing page. Please try it after a site backup and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 16, 2019 at 7:20 am #4216965

Alessandro

Good morning Bigul,
I'm speechless...I don't know how thank You. WPML Support strikes again! And I have to be honest, people like You are really rare. Serious and professional in every condition!!
My most sincere congratulations.
Thank You so much
Warm regards
Ale

July 16, 2019 at 7:21 am #4216969

Alessandro

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

July 16, 2019 at 3:56 pm #4222033
Alessandro

Good morning Bigul,
unfortunatly,
we noticed another issue.
Now the map is not working correctly:
hidden link
If You click on map pin nothing is showed.
And when You click on the list (that now work correctly as permalink) the tags are not linked correctly.
Eg.
hidden link
If You check the tag they link with permalink spanish returning obviously 404.
May You support us again please?
Thank You very much
Regards
Ale

July 17, 2019 at 6:13 am #4226065

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Ale,

Thank you for the updates. I have opened a new ticket for the new issues. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. I will get back to you soon on the new ticket. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding.

--
Thanks!

Bigul