This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sharonA-4 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
April 19, 2019 at 7:55 pm

sharonA-4

The plugin update to the latest version and now it's crashing my site.
As soon as I select the button "Products" the system crashed and returns a 500 Internal Server Error. If I disable the WPML CMS plugin the site is back up.

April 19, 2019 at 10:28 pm #3648351

sharonA-4

I had to revert back to a previous backup of my site and database in order for my site to function properly over the weekend. So if you go into it now the version of WPML has been restored back to the older version WPML Multilingual CMS 4.1.2.

April 22, 2019 at 8:43 am #3654619

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues. Please let me know the following details to track the issue.

a) Please share the steps to reproduce the issue. Because not able to replicate it exactly.

b) Please share with me the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information). Please check this page for instructions https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

// Use dev versions of core JS and CSS files (only needed if you are modifying these core files)
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the */wp-content/* directory. Please do the steps to reproduce the bug and check you are getting any errors or warning related to WPML in the log file.

If you can paste your debug.log to http://pastebin.com/index.php and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess of discussion).

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 22, 2019 at 2:22 pm #3656299

sharonA-4

The log file can be viewed here: https://pastebin.com/BM6kHsud

Also, I was having an issue with view my products through the admin panel. It would crash when trying to move to the 3rd page of products.

hidden link

This morning I disabled the plugin WPML Translation Management and everything is working.

Sharon

April 22, 2019 at 6:22 pm #3657805

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and debug log details. It is showing a Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded error. Therefore I have a request. Please upgrade the following configuration for the expected performance of your site and check is there any improvements in the performance.

1) Increase Max execution time 150. Please check the following documentation for more details

hidden link

2) Increase the *MaxInputVars* of PHP settings to *5000* or more. Please check the following article for more details or contact your system admin/hosting provider for this purpose.

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 22, 2019 at 7:26 pm #3658049

sharonA-4

I made changes to the PHP.ini and .htaccess file but still no change. As soon as I activate WPML translation management, I can not access the site it gives me an Internal 500 error. If I deactivate the plugin everything comes back up except that the french language site doesn't quite match the English if you look at the menus. Which was not a problem before this recent update.

April 23, 2019 at 7:31 am #3660121

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. It requires further checking. So please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 23, 2019 at 12:47 pm #3663977

sharonA-4

You may go ahead and duplicate my site. All the plugins are now re-activated but I have removed the language switcher from the site for the moment.

Thank you
Sharon

April 23, 2019 at 1:22 pm #3664263

sharonA-4

So now with all the WPML plugins activated the site is completely unreachable, returns the same 500 Internal Server error.

April 23, 2019 at 4:26 pm #3666159

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and permission. I have two more requests to track the issue.

a) We have released a new version of WPML(4.2.6) and WooCommerce Multilingual(4.6.1) today. It has fixes to the similar issues. Therefore please upgrade to the latest version after a site backup and make sure you are still having the issue.

b) If the issue exists, please share the latest Debug.log. I would like to know is there any new error or warning releated to WPML is tracked in the debug log details while having the 500 Internal Server error

Sorry for the troubles.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 23, 2019 at 5:20 pm #3666449

sharonA-4

Hi Bigul,

I updated to the latest version and I'm still having the issue of the Internal Server Error. No response from website.

Here's the link to the debug log. https://pastebin.com/yMF3dJCc

Sharon

April 23, 2019 at 5:28 pm #3666515

sharonA-4

This time I deactivated WooCommerce Multilingual(4.6.1), the site came backup but the welcome page shows the New Products and Sale products in both languages at the same time. Otherwise I was able to navigate through the site.

Sharon

April 23, 2019 at 5:30 pm #3666519

sharonA-4

Also, the 2nd language site (French) is not displaying all the images of the categories or products.

April 24, 2019 at 9:08 am #3670799

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for the updates and login information. The latest debug.log is not showing any noticies or warning related to WPML.

So I made a Duplicator copy of your site and trying it on my local servers now. Will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 24, 2019 at 9:08 am #3670801

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for the updates and login information. The latest debug.log is not showing any noticies or warning related to WPML.

So I made a Duplicator copy of your site and trying it on my local servers now. Will get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul