Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Client wants to show visitors the login page in two languages and send welcome emails in both language, but the WP core function is not able to support this. Solution: There is a workaround by using a custom front or login page with a different URL for each language which contains a translatable login form. This way, once on the customized and translated page, the (translatable) login form included in that page will show admin texts and send admin mails in the language assigned to the page. Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pimH 2 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Cristina.

Author Posts
April 26, 2017 at 9:31 am #1262038

pimH

I am trying to: create the login page in two languages. WordPress is installed in Dutch and I added the english language. People come to the login page via a link in a welcome mail and for the dutch version we say go to /inloggen which is redirected to wp-login.php. I attached an image to show the current login page.

I would like to be able to send english speaking people the mail in english with a login link like this /login that should bring them to /en/wp-login.php and show them the login page in English.

I realize that the login page is in the WordPress core, as discussed in this thread (https://wpml.org/forums/topic/how-to-make-multi-language-login-page/) on your forum. But since the original language is english, adding .mo/.po files in english seems weird.

I have been looking for a translatable plugin to help me with this and found the LoginPress plugin (hidden link). Although it seems nice I think it is a bit overkill for my situation. Also, We have custom post login logic added via functions.php and I am not sure this will work with that plugin.

I hope you can guide me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Pim Hooghiemstra

April 26, 2017 at 11:55 am #1262198

Cristina

Dear Pim,

as you said, the native wp-login.php is a WordPress core page and there is no language switching for such pages.

Customizing the login form will not send mails in other languages than the default language, unless you are using the settings to add language names as parameters in the WPML URL settings.

But if you use languages in directories, users will always be redirected to the default wp-login.php form unless you do define a custom homepage for each language.
And this wp-login.php page will always use admin texts in the default site language.

However, you have the option to make a custom login page or post, which is something different than customizing the login form with a language selector.

Making a custom login page is a workaround, because you can configure a translatable login page/post that will contain the login form. You need to define a login page URL for each language and this leads to sending admin texts in the corresponding language.

This way, once on the customized and translated page, the (translatable) login form included in that page will send admin texts (like password emails, etc.) in the language assigned to the page.

This will use the existing english .mo files in english for english an english page and the dutch .mo files for the dutch pages.

You can customize the login form yourself or use a plugin like https://wpml.org/plugin/clean-login/

Hope this helps you with your issue,

Kind regards,

Cristina

May 3, 2017 at 6:41 am #1266806

pimH

Thanks, I'll give it a try.