Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yuri 3 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yuri.

Author Posts
April 4, 2018 at 11:37 am #1564715

andreiK-5

I am trying to use domain.ro for Romanian language and domain.com for english. I added the domain.ro as parked domain, but whatever I change in htacces I get an error.

it looks like this now
# BEGIN WordPress
AddHandler application/x-httpd-ea-php70 .php
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

What should I change to work ok?

Also, after I finish the website I will need SSL and I was thinking about the Cloudflare CDN services too. Do you know any issues regarding this configuration or it should work fine with WPML? Thanks.

April 4, 2018 at 1:43 pm #1564867

Yuri

Hi, there are a couple of configurations that need to be observed to set up domains per language. We have an extensive documentation page for this locate here: https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

Make sure that you have all the configurations explained in the page above set up. Also, take notice that the additional domain cannot be set up as a "parked domain". Its DNS configuration must point directly to the same machine/IP of the other domains configured within WPML.

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

April 8, 2018 at 7:39 am #1568806

andreiK-5

Hi, thanks, but still didn't resolve the issue.
I made some test with bluehost and wpml and worked with parked domain, WPML said it's not valid, but worked.
I made a clean wordpress install and after that I couldn't set the different domain for languages. I assumed I have to make some changes at htaccess, but I still don't know what changes exactly...
Currently I am having some issues with cloudflare, after I resolve those I will get back to this problem.
Thanks.

April 10, 2018 at 12:06 am #1577437

Yuri

No problem. I'll set this thread as "Waiting for Feedback" and as soon as you are ready to pick up on this issue you can re-open the thread.

The topic ‘[Closed] Multiple domain setup on Bluehost’ is closed to new replies.