Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by koenM-2 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
November 13, 2019 at 8:13 am #4936235

koenM-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Get multiple domains working

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

hidden link (setup as pointer to .nl)
hidden link (setup as alias for .nl to test if works)

I had a chat with Laura but I cannot reply on the ticket anymore.

I'm trying to get the setup working, inside WPML the domains are validated.

She said the domains have a 301 redirect, how can I fix this? I always thought the domain pointer was enough but can't get it working.

November 13, 2019 at 12:39 pm #4939189

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

I will be helping you with this.

In general, the following server setup must support the following actions in order for then, the WPML domains-per-language to work:

1. Attempt to display the contents of the license.txt file from all of your domains without the URL changing the domain:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

2. If you are using a kind of pagebuilder then additionally you should be able to login to the dashboard of each domain:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

Normally, domains are not setup as pointers. You need to have your server support setup the appropriate dns records so that you meet these requirements. Each server calls this kind of setup by their own names. In GoDaddy, for example, they are called alias domains. I have seen in others that they may be called parked-domains.

I hope this helps you.

November 17, 2019 at 1:29 pm #4960283

koenM-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!