Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by johnP-6 6 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
October 21, 2014 at 8:31 pm #496513

johnP-6

I'm using the feature "a different domain per language". All domain names are pointing to the same wp installation. It works fine to pick the right language for a certain domain, and even to default to english (which is my default language) for a number of domains such as .ie, co.uk, co.za, .com.

But now I would like to have two different domains showing Spanish language, .es and .mx. As far as I can see it's only possible to map one domain to one language. Is it possible to work around this?

October 21, 2014 at 9:12 pm #496530

Bruno

You should add a new language to add a new domain. For example if you want to add the domain "es" and "mx", you can add a new language "Spanish Mexico", for example, and duplicate the content of Spanish for this "new language".

To add a new domain, click on the WPML > Languages​. Click on the "Edit languages" link and click on the "Add Language" button.

Then you can add the new domain in WPML > Languages​​ > Language URL format.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Thank you.

October 22, 2014 at 5:06 am #496612

johnP-6

Thanks!