This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

[23-Sep-2019 07:32:16 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/delanacr/public_html/shop/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/class-wcml-install.php:307

Solution:
Let me tell you what I did:
- went to wpju_options table
- found _wcml_settings value and removed it

Now I activated all the plugins needed for WooCommerce multilingual to work. The reason for this was most likely the fact that WooCommerce multilingual initial setup failed for some reason, thus not filling all the needed values properly in database, hence causing the fatal error.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by diegoC-38 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
September 21, 2019 at 1:04 pm

diegoC-38

I am trying to:
Im trying to Setup woocomerce multilanguage

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

hidden link

I expected to see:
loading the site as normal

Instead, I got:
I got over a thousand messages errors all ending with the same line. Almost one for each string

September 23, 2019 at 7:48 am #4621425

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I can see the issue and upon activating debug.log, I can see that we are getting the following error:

[23-Sep-2019 07:32:16 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/delanacr/public_html/shop/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/class-wcml-install.php:307
Stack trace:
#0 /home/delanacr/public_html/shop/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WCML_Install::insert_default_categories('')
#1 /home/delanacr/public_html/shop/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#2 /home/delanacr/public_html/shop/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#3 /home/delanacr/public_html/shop/wp-settings.php(525): do_action('init')
#4 /home/delanacr/public_html/shop/wp-config.php(94): require_once('/home/delanacr/...')
#5 /home/delanacr/public_html/shop/wp-load.php(37): require_once('/home/delanacr/...')
#6 /home/delanacr/public_html/shop/wp-admin/admin.php(34): require_once('/home/delanacr/...')
#7 /home/delanacr/public_html/shop/wp-admin/index.php(10): require_once('/home/delanacr/...')
#8 {main}
  thrown in /home/delanacr/public_html/shop/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/class-wcml-install.php on line 307

I asked our our 2nd tier what may be behind this, because I wasn't able to find anything in our database and none of the troubleshooting functions work.

I will keep you posted!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 23, 2019 at 1:04 pm #4624229

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Can you tell me if you can provide access to database, through means such as cPanel or similar interface? I need to check something within database, I marked your next reply as private.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 23, 2019 at 3:18 pm #4625371

diegoC-38

Hello Bruno,

Thanks for your help.

I can provide with complete copy of the files and a database. I use akeeba backup and I can share their .jpa file which allow you to clone the site.

In case you want access to the cPanel I can give that to you too. At the moment I'm at work but after 6-7 hours I can provide you with everything you need.

Thanks again for the help

September 24, 2019 at 4:37 am
September 24, 2019 at 9:10 am #4629395

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the correct URL?
hidden link

I would say it isn't :). However, I'm trying to login using Thierry username, the password doesn't seem to be working anymore? Can you re-create this password and put it in the next private reply.

I will install Duplicator plugin and will try this on my localhost. If it doesn't work (I got some instructions to remove some keys from database, so I'd like to try this on my localhost first), I will have something to pass onto my 2nd tier team, because they require Duplicator packages anyway.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 24, 2019 at 10:04 am
September 24, 2019 at 12:41 pm #4631619

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I was able to get the site working on my localhost. Let me tell you what I did:
- went to wpju_options table
- found _wcml_settings value and removed it

Now I activated all the plugins needed for WooCommerce multilingual to work. The reason for this was most likely the fact that WooCommerce multilingual initial setup failed for some reason, thus not filling all the needed values properly in database, hence causing the fatal error.

Can you try this and let me know how it works in your site?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 27, 2019 at 2:24 am #4650973

diegoC-38

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!