This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
July 11, 2019 at 6:43 pm #4192695
Todd

Hi there

I'm experiencing multiple issues with Elementor + WPML. I'm using the WPML Translation Editor.

1 - Translated page using WPML Translation Editor is having an issue with full width even though the Page Attributes Template setting is Elementor Full Width. This is not isolated to just one page.
Admin screenshot: hidden link
Frontend: hidden link

2 - Using the Elementor Button widget, we're not getting the option to translate the Link using the WPML Translation Editor. hidden link

3 Using the Elementor Image widget, we're using the Custom Caption field to place text beneath the image. You can see it here: hidden link. If you look on the German side, it's missing (hidden link), even though the translations are on the WPML Translation Editor: hidden link.

Thanks,
Todd

July 12, 2019 at 10:03 am #4197363

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Todd,

Welcome to our forum, I will help you with your issue.

For support convenience I will split your issue into 3 different tickets this enables me to easily escalate if there is really any compatibility issue.

I will continue here addressing the first issue.

Since you have mentioned the issue is not with any specific page, Please verify the option " Synchronize page template" is enabled in WPML > Settings > Posts and pages synchronization
If not already done please enable the option update the original page and the translation.

I can see a custom inline CSS is loaded on the translated page which restricts the page width can you please verify for any custom CSS added for the translated page?

Please let me know the results.

Kind regards
Raja

July 12, 2019 at 10:43 am #4197767

Todd

Hi Raja

Thanks for getting back to me and for splitting the tickets.

It seems like this inline CSS you refer to is from the Astra theme. What's odd is I'm not experiencing this issue in the first language I built in, just the second.

I went ahead and changed this setting (hidden link) in the theme customizer. Not sure if this is correct/best practice, but it seems to have worked.

Would you suggest another solution?

Thanks,
Todd

July 12, 2019 at 12:40 pm #4198833

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Todd,

That's a working solution, Customizer settings are maintained for each translation, It is a best practice to make sure the settings are same throughout the translation.

Glad your first issue is resolved now 🙂

Kind regards
Raja