Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The client is using the domain per language functionality and he has 2 languages hidden at the moment by using the WPML settings for this. He said that the domains for the hidden languages (which are currently in development) are serving the old site and he wondered if he can somehow use a language attribute for the hidden languages.

Solution: When you are using the domain per language functionality, you can't use any other option like the language attributes (eg: ?lang=en). After the client marked the languages as public (not hidden anymore), things started to work normally again.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by tomS-25 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 30, 2019 at 9:20 am #3921671

tomS-25

We are using WPML for a website with 4 languages (4 domains), 2 of them are live on different domains, but the other 2 are still in development and the domains are displaying the old site until the languages are translated 100%.

Is there a solution to display the languages that are in development with some parameter (lang=de) if we are using different domain per language setting?
We set up hidden link as an Alias domain for globalvoices.co.uk but is just redirected to the main English website.

See attached image for Language URL format.

Thank you,
David

May 30, 2019 at 4:02 pm #3924599

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

From what I can see in the debugging information that you shared with me, there are 2 languages that you set to be hidden (FR and DE).

I think that is why you are encountering the redirection issue.

Can you please unhide one of the languages for a minute and see if the issue is still happening?

Regarding your other question, when you are using the domain-per-language settings, you can't introduce the language attribute inside the link. You can do that only if you choose to use the other settings available and not the domain-per-language.

Please let me know how that goes.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 31, 2019 at 3:54 pm #3931889

tomS-25

@mihai Apetrei Thank you for your help.

Now is working with the subdomains for testing 🙂

May 31, 2019 at 3:55 pm #3931891

tomS-25

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!