This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
May 9, 2018 at 1:57 pm #2053685

magnusJ-9

I have located it to be this plugin. I have a subscription with 2 variations. Normally without this plugin activated it replaces the line item i.e the subscription product with the new one after a switch. Then there is only one subscription product. But when i activate it, it keeps adding more line items on the same subscription. So i had to do a check in the checkout if it is a switch then i remove all line items and add the new one. But this seems like a unnecessary thing to do when it should be working by itself. Any idea why this happens?

May 10, 2018 at 3:10 pm #2075449

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

You mentioned "Normally without this plugin activated it replaces the line item i.e the subscription product with the new one after a switch". Can you explain what you mean by a switch? Do you mean that you are changing the subscription after the subscription was first purchased?

Can you outline step by step what you are doing leading up to seeing both variations? This way I can try to recreate the issue on a clean install. Thanks!

May 14, 2018 at 12:05 pm #2118629

magnusJ-9

Thanks for returning!

So I have a clean wp installed where i've installed woocommerce, woocommerce-subscriptions, wpml and all the sub plugins i need - there Multilingual is included. I have created a subscription, and have decided it should be a variation subscription. My default language is set to custom USA and i got different languages. Swedish and GB. I have changed currencies to USD SEK and for GB i set EUR. When i switch subscription - i do as you mentioned above - switch from a previously purchased subscription to another variation of that same subscription. Which you can do on my account/subscriptions. I have set in wp-backend that you are only allowed to switch between variations of the same subscription. What happens is as pictures show above - it adds multiple line items. This doesnt happen when i have Multilingual turned off. So there should be something going on there.

May 14, 2018 at 7:10 pm #2126217

Lauren
Supporter

To best troubleshoot the issue, please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. This will allow me to try and duplicate the error so that I can run further tests without interrupting your live site.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply.

Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.

I will also need the username and password of an account that was created BEFORE creating the duplicator package.

I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it!

May 15, 2018 at 9:06 pm #2147675

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for sending the files. I was able to download your files and I am working on setting up the testing environment. I will report back here as soon as I have more information.

May 15, 2018 at 11:57 pm #2148417

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks so much for sending these files. I was able to reproduce this issue on a clean install. I have escalated this to our compatibility team, and I will update here as soon as I have more information.

October 10, 2018 at 2:10 pm #2804669

Lauren
Supporter

Hello, this should be resolved with the latest release of WooCommerce Subscriptions. Please confirm once you have updated to the latest version. Thanks!