This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
June 18, 2019 at 9:05 pm

roxanneS

I am trying to:adjust translations to reflect source text changes (example homepage)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: confirmed translations as per what I saved in WPML > Translations.

Instead, I got: The French page is still showing sections that have been deleted in English (still showing latin text in French). Also, the WPML Translation interface does not display the translation of global elements. For example, on the homepage, the Contact Us section at the bottom of the page displays just fine in French. However, the WPML translation interface still wants me to translate the global module.

Also, when I change the translation of a global module, it does not cascade down to individual pages where the modules are used.

June 20, 2019 at 11:29 am #4059415

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I compared the homepage in French and English and I could not spot a difference. I could not find the texts that are still in English on the French homepage. Can you elaborate more on this? Maybe add a screenshot. Or maybe you already fixed that.

So, I logged in to your website to see where we are asked to translate global elements and I could not find any. Can you elaborate on this too?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

June 20, 2019 at 11:52 am #4059593

roxanneS

This is what I did since I opened the ticket. I went back to the homepage translation interface. Although the global element (contact us) had already been translated, I translated it again by copy/pasting. When the page reached 100% translations, then only did the entire content update. So I guess my real problem are global modules. Whenever I update them in the Divi library & translation interface, the updates do not cascade to the pages where the global modules are used. I must open individual pages, copy/paste de translation and save.

June 20, 2019 at 12:01 pm #4059647

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I think so too. When you update a global module, the pages that use it need to be updated to take the last version of the module. Just saving the page would be enough to take the new module version into translation.

Please accept our apologies for the late reply, we have had a big load of support tickets and most of our team is attending WordPress Conference in Berlin.

Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Best regards,
Jamal

June 20, 2019 at 12:05 pm #4059703

roxanneS

Actually, just saving is not an option, because the changes are not carried over. So if I use a global module in 5 places, I must manually enter the updated content 5 times. Is this normal?

June 20, 2019 at 1:40 pm #4060281

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

It may be the case. Let's suppose that I have created a global module called "Heading h2" that will be used only for its styling.
When I used this module in a page/post, I will need to update its text, because I am only using the styling, I won't be using the same text for all my instances.

But in the case of a global module (Contact form). I don't want to update it each time, I want to use the same form in as many pages as I have without needing to update all instances if, for example, I added another field to the form.

As of now, our documentation https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/divi-builder/#translating-divi-global-items states Divi Builder offers setting a module, row or section to be global. This adds it to your Divi library and you can insert it into any page you want. Updating any instance of the global item will update all the items inserted into the different pages.

If you would like to reproduce this issue in our servers, I'll escalate it to our developers for further analysis and eventually a fix. Please use the following URL to login in, configure WPML similarly to your website, upload Divi and create a global module and a couple of pages/post to demonstrate this issue.
hidden link

Thank you,
Jamal

The topic ‘[Closed] Multiple problems with Divi – result: translations not showing once saved’ is closed to new replies.