This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Otto 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
May 23, 2019 at 4:18 pm #3877859

joannaP

English: hidden link

French Canadian: hidden link
Chinese: hidden link
Japanese: hidden link
Spanish: hidden link

- "Upcoming Events" are not showing up on the Homepage
- "Learn More" buttons are not translating on Homepage
- Words under the icons on the Homepage aren't translating
- The "Latest News & Blogs" on the Homepage are not showing up on the Homepage
- "Our Events", "SQF Training" and "Out and About" are not showing up on the Homepage
- Images aren't showing up at the top of some of the pages "Benefits to Suppliers" page, "Benefits to Buyers" page
- The Featured Event is not showing at the top of the Events page
- The "Which Program Is Right For Me" button is not translating on the Events page
- The icons and text for "Our Events", "Out and About", "Partner Hosted Training" and "SQFI Hosted Training" is not showing up on the Events page
- "All Event Types" title is not translating on the Events page
- The "Submit Your Event" button is not translating on the Events page

We submitted all the content using the Translation Management section of the WPML plugin. The translation company received and sent back the translations through WPML. We then clicked the "Check status and get translations" button and we are still having these issues.

I am unable to provide Debug Information. Every time I paste it into the field below your website crashes.

Plugin Name Status Active Version
WPML Multilingual CMS Installed Yes 4.2.6
WPML CMS Nav Not installed No n/a
WPML String Translation Installed Yes 2.10.4
WPML Sticky Links Not installed No n/a
WPML Translation Management Installed Yes 2.8.5
WPML Media Installed Yes 2.5.2
WooCommerce Multilingual Not installed No n/a
Gravity Forms Multilingual Installed Yes 1.5.0
Yoast SEO Multilingual Not installed No n/a

PHP INFO
Version 7.0.33-0ubuntu0.16.04.4
Memory limit 256M
Memory usage 37.97 MB
Max execution time 30
Max input vars 10000
Utf8mb4 charset Yes
Multibyte String extension Loaded
SimpleXML extension Loaded

WORDPRESS
Version 5.2
Multisite Yes
Memory limit 256M
Max memory limit 256M
We are using a child theme of Twenty Seventeen

May 23, 2019 at 7:22 pm #3879005

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

May 28, 2019 at 1:25 am #3901769

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the provided details and your patience while waiting for a solution. Regarding your questions:

1 - "Upcoming Events" are not showing up on the Homepage.

I noticed some of your events still don't have a translation, for example in your WordPress Dashboard > Events > All Events the 'Learning Lunch: Proficiency Testing in preparation for your SQF audit' only exists in the default language (english). Please, make sure all the events are fully translated.

2 - "Learn More" buttons are not translating on Homepage

In your WordPress Dashboard > Pages click to edit your homepage then click to edit your homepage translation using the default WordPress page/post editor, you should be able now to manually making these editings in order to fix these missing details. See: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/

3 - Words under the icons on the Homepage aren't translating

If you click to edit the french translation of your homepage in your WordPress Dashboard > Pages you will notice your translation is still 90% complete, please, edit your french translation and check all the checkbox to make it fully translatable before you see the changes for the icons text and links. See: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/

The steps above can be used for all the elements of your homepage. In short, here is what you should notice:

1 - For every translation of your homepage, please, make sure they are marked as 100% translated. You can make it this way:

1.1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > Pages click to edit your homepage, now proceed to the language box and click to edit your homepage translations using the WPML Translation Editor (https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/). Now you should complete the missing translations and click every checkbox to make your page fully translated.

2 - For any missing detail you don't see in the WPML Translation Editor, you can simply use the approach of the 'step 2' above and manually adjust it.

Please, let me know if need any additional instructions and clarifications. Have a nice day.

May 29, 2019 at 4:11 pm #3917271

joannaP

Hello,
Thank you for the feedback.

1.) Events - we are still working on your recommendation. I'll let you know if we have any issues.

2.) "Learn More" buttons are not translating on Homepage
Your solution worked. Thank you

3.) Words under the icons on the Homepage aren't translating
We did what you recommended and as you can see the Homepage is now 99% translated and the icons are still not translated. I also don't know where to find the 1% that is not translated and update it.
What else can we do?

*** I still need solutions to these issues......

4.) The "Which Program Is Right For Me" button is not translating on the Events page
(I tried your recommendation for the Homepage. It's marked as 100% translated and this still isn't translating.)
hidden link

5.) "All Event Types" title is not translating on the Events page
hidden link
(I tried your recommendation for the Homepage. It's marked as 100% translated and this still isn't translating.)

6.) The "More" button is not translating on the Events page
hidden link

May 31, 2019 at 6:48 pm #3932717

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I took another look in your website, regarding your reimaning issues:

1 - "Words under the icons on the Homepage aren't translating..."

In this case, I recommend you the following:

1.1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > Pages click to edit your homepage in the default langauge.

1.2 - Choose the default WordPress page/post editor to edit your translations instead of using the WPML Translation Editor and manually adjust the missing translations for your icon boxes. See: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/.

2 - "The "Which Program Is Right For Me" button is not translating on the Events page..."

I took a look in the provided link (hidden link) but I couldn't find the mentioned button in your events page.

3 - "All Event Types title is not translating on the Events page..."

I noticed your Events Calendar plugin is not fully translated and it seems you are using a customized events template for your events page. In this case I recommend you to read our guide on how to setup The Events Calendar with WPML at: https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/build-multilingual-events-websites-events-calendar-wpml/

4 - "The More button is not translating on the Events page..."

As above you need to make sure all the strings of your Events Calendar is fully translated, please take a look in the provided guide from the step 3 above.

Please, let me know if it helps. Have a nice day.

June 5, 2019 at 6:10 pm #3963333

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

I am jumping here to let you know a private reply is enabled for you, this way you can safely send the requested details. Have a nice day.

June 5, 2019 at 6:54 pm #3963583

joannaP

I tried using the private message but it will not let me send the message without a link or zip file to a "Duplicator Package". I don't know what that is and why it is needed? So I will send a separate email to Amit giving him the creds he as requested. Thank you

June 6, 2019 at 2:34 am #3965091

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. You can place a dummy link in order to be able to submit it. In any case you can either try again the private reply fields or proceed with a direct email to Amit as you have explained. Thank you for your collaboration and patience, have a nice day.

June 10, 2019 at 7:29 pm #3989883

joannaP

We did not go through the WPML editor and manually editing the content, as you recommended. We want to use the WPML editor as intended.
So we tried Amit and Otto's recommendation sent last week of:

-Go to edit the Spanish translation with the WPML Translation Editor
-Check all the fields and complete the translation as it is (don't worry for now about the missing parts)
-Make a small update in the original (i.e. add a white space)
-Check the Translation Editor again if everything is there available for translation
-If so, send the job again (we can preview if all the content will be sent checking in the TE before sending)

The "Which Program Is Right For Me" pages are not translating
SPANISH:
hidden link

FRENCH: hidden link

JAPENESE: hidden link

CHINESE:
hidden link

** PART 2 **
The icons on the Homepage have been translated. Thank you!
SPANISH: hidden link
How was this fixed and can you fix this on the other languages?

FRENCH:
hidden link

JAPANESE:
hidden link

CHINESE:
hidden link

June 11, 2019 at 12:26 pm #3994991

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

I've checked the site:

1. Home

It was sent to translation, so we need to wait until is back to check.

2. "Which Program Is Right For Me"

It was not completed nor sent to translation again as described in the steps. May I try those same steps myself?

** IMPORTANT **
- Please make a backup of site files and database

Kind regards,

Otto

June 18, 2019 at 4:59 pm #4045493

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

As discussed by mail, it seems that WPML is not sending the whole content to translate.

I would like to do a test on your site.

For this, I need to completely delete the translated pages for the page "Which Program is Right for Me?".

Then I will recreate the XLIFF to check it. If I manage to export it with all the content, we will be able to resend it to the Translation Service

The already translated parts won't be lost as the translation memory will be able to apply the Translation Memory feature so, what was already translated won't be charged.

Can I do that in your site? Please, make sure to make a reliable backup that you can restore. I will be extremely careful, but it is important to be safe.

Kind regards,

Otto

The topic ‘[Closed] Multiple Things Are Not Translating’ is closed to new replies.