This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
May 10, 2019 at 7:02 pm #3787489

charleneR-2

Tell us what you are trying to do? I have a site selling products with woocommerce that were originally set up in English. We are in the process of translating them into French, Italian and Spanish. I have 3 different employees of the company, each one responsible for each language. Now the French translator says that she does not feel comfortable with the accuracy of her French and wants the Italian translator to check it (who also speaks French). I have 3 questions.
1.) What is the easiest way to send the products I've already sent to translator 1 to translator 2? 2.)For future batches, can I send the French translations to 2 translators at one time instead of just one? Or is it advisable to only send the product to one translator for each language and not have it open to two translators at the same time?
3.) I just resent some of the products that I had already sent to the 1st French translator to the 2nd one. Will that automatically remove them from the first one or will they both be able to edit them?

Thank you.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

May 10, 2019 at 8:38 pm #3787759

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Regarding your questions:

1 - I recommend you to make the following:

1.1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Translation Management click the 'Translation Jobs' tab and cancel the translation job sent to the french employee.

1.2 - Now create a new translation job from the 'Translation Dashboard' and send it to your prefered translator.

2 - Yes, you can have as many translators as you need, for that you should proceed like this:

2.2 - In your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Translation Management click the 'Translation Roles' tab and create the users who will make your translations, add the language pairs for these users and you should be done. There's no restriction for the number of translators as soon as they complete a translation the Translation Management will be notified properly.

3 - As explained in the step one you would need to cancel a current translation job if you are sending it for the other translator.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/

Hope it helps, have a nice day.