This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
May 12, 2018 at 2:03 am #2095377

genevieveR-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I did a multisite to be able to have a bilingual website, I have a french version (bazaremploi.com) and an english version bazaremploi.com/en.

Settings - general - language of the site, it work, but I get the woo commerce plug in half in english and half in french, has an example the login form is in french and the sign up form is in english, and I have some issue with the plug in wp-manager and is add on.

I try this thing to have my site (bazaremploi.com) in french https://wpml.org/documentation/support/multisite-support/languages-in-domains-for-wordpress-multisite-mode/

I copy the sunrise.php in wp-content and it s on in wp-config...

but I don t get the Under WPML » Languages » Language URL format select ‘A different domain per language’ and fill in the corresponding urls and then click ‘Apply’

Maybe it s the domain dns (First, make sure that your domains have the correct DNS set and they point to the same folder as the domain of the default language.) ?

Also, I m not sure is the right solution to fix my translation issue with the woocommerce plug in and wp-manager plug in (and the add on),the domain bazaremploi.com need to be completely french... the english version is on bazaremploi.com/en, I want one language per domain and I think it s possible not to set 2 language like they ask me when I start with WPML

I try also with poedit and loco translate.. I will open another ticket

I can send you an access if needed

hidden link

May 14, 2018 at 9:56 am #2115060

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

It seems that there two issues that you bring up here.
A. A problem with setting up a WordPress multisite with WPML.
B. Mixed languages in the French language that concerns WooCommerce and the wp-manager plugin.
Is it correct?

If so then let's, please focus here on point A. I think that it is important to solve this first.
In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket. Continuing with one ticket per issue helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster. I hope that you can agree with me on that.

You write: "I did a multisite to be able to have a bilingual website, I have a french version (bazaremploi.com) and an english version bazaremploi.com/en."
So for the issue of the multisite, I want to start and ask you the following.
Could you explain why you have done it this way?
I ask it because it seems unnecessary and might complicate things. I'll explain now what I mean. If your French site is at this domain bazaremploi.com and you want the English version of your site to be in this domain bazaremploi.com/en/ then you do not need a multisite installation (which in my opinion will make your work harder). You can use a regular WordPress installation and enable the 'Different languages in directories' option in WPML -> Languages -> Language URL format. WPML will do all the rest for you. It will show for your site's users as if the English language is in a directory. Please read more about it in our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/#language-url-format

Can I get you comment on this, please?

To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations.
We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 15, 2018 at 1:25 pm #2139762

genevieveR-2

Hello Itamar,

Thank for your reply, I decided to create a multisite, because I need to translate the multichoice on the main page - so if I had2 child theme I could have for each one the file function.php where I can add the code for my french section and my englisgh section: function.php hidden link

function custom_jobify_registration_role_candidate() {
return 'Je cherche un emploi';
}
add_filter( 'jobify_registration_role_candidate', 'custom_jobify_registration_role_candidate' );

function custom_jobify_registration_role_employer() {
return 'J'ai un emploi a offrir';
}
add_filter( 'jobify_registration_role_employer', 'custom_jobify_registration_role_employer' );

// prise en compte du dossier de traduction du theme enfant à la place du parent

function my_child_theme_setup() {
load_child_theme_textdomain( 'jobify', get_stylesheet_directory() . '/languages' ); // languages étant le chemin du dossier dans lequel se trouvent vos fichiers .po et .mo
}
add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'my_child_theme_setup' );

I can start over this site, it's a site test, I m doing this site to learn how I will built it so if you have a better suggestion I m open

May 16, 2018 at 9:28 am #2153634

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

I'm sorry, but I'm still not sure what you are trying to do.
It is just that it looks to me that it is the wrong way to do things.
Are you relying on any other sites that used this method?
Are you following any documentation about it?
The only suggestion that I can give you to follow our documentation and working procedures.
Anything beyond that would be out of the scope of this forum.

I hope that you can understand this.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Multisite – I just want one site in french and the other in english’ is closed to new replies.