This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 12, 2018 at 6:15 am #2810868

anjaM-5

Hello,

I would like to create a multi language WooCommerce store in Multisite WordPress. My plan is to have one domain for each language (so, each language is its own site inside multisite), but the products will be the same on every site.
Can I use WPML for translations of pages and products? Would it be possible to import product on one site and then translate it and share the translation on other sites?
Could you please let me know what is the process of installation to make a site like that work the best as possible?
Best,
Anja

October 12, 2018 at 3:41 pm #2812491

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi Anja and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Taking into consideration what you explained that you need, I would really not recommend using a WordPress multisite install because that will have limitations (you would not be able to use the same products on all the other language sites, only with the use of extra plugins + a lot of risks that would involve the database of the site).

What I recommend is that you would use WPML to create multiple instances of the site per language + WooCommerce Multilingual that will allow you translate WooCommerce-related products, attributes etc.

Here you can find more about WCML:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/

Also regarding the multiple-domains setup, you can use the WPML settings for a different domain for each language:
https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

Please let me know if all the information above answers your questions or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai