This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
August 1, 2018 at 5:53 pm #2602965

gustavoN-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hi Carlos,

I've try following the steps however after creating French domain, I've pointed them to the main language folder. However when I go to that french domain, it says error establish database connection for the French domain only, the english side works fine. (And the French domain used to work because I originally put a redirect to make it go to the English side).

But the WPML setting for the secondary language said not valid when I even try to put the new french domain.

Do you know this is?

Thanks!

Is there any documentation that you are following?

I followed the previous ticket and was informed I needed to start a new ticket.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

Unfortunately no but if I talk to you directly then I can show you. the debug info does show you the site that I was trying to use.

What is the link to your site?
It's already provided

August 1, 2018 at 8:15 pm #2603239

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

I would like to ask you to double check the steps provided in this link: https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

Please check step by step and see if there is any difference with the steps you followed.

Best regards,
Carlos

August 9, 2018 at 7:16 pm #2630688

gustavoN-2

I've already had the owner of the domain pointed to our server. I've modified the conf files to make sure they are pointing to the main site folder. But it's still giving me the error establishing database. I just installed the SSL on the french domain. I should also note that this site is a multisite.

August 12, 2018 at 3:44 pm #2637983

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Gustavo,
It seems that the ticket was closed. I just re-opened.

I would like to ask you if to point the domains you followed the steps described in this link: https://wpml.org/2016/04/use-wpml-different-domains-per-language/

Could you double check the settings of the domain?

Best regards,
Carlos