This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by krisztianK-4 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
July 10, 2019 at 6:08 pm

krisztianK-4

I am trying to:
Use /en/ on every site as a default language of Multisite.

hidden link
hidden link

These above links are works good and redirect to as expected.
hidden link
hidden link

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
hidden link

Instead, I got: hidden link when I hit directly ( use browser private mode )

I used the method what I attached as a file and hit million times to save permalinks also : )

July 10, 2019 at 7:14 pm
July 11, 2019 at 2:56 am #4185435

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Initially, I noticed that you were using the "Use directory for default language" feature with the "A page" option, rather than the "HTML file" option.

Even changing this to the "HTML file" option, I noticed that the problem still persists. Looking at the source code of your site I noticed that you are using a "WP Rocket" cache plugin - I noticed this by looking at the source code of your site, but I have not seen where I can clear the cache to test.

Also, have you noticed that when accessing the domain without the language code, any error messages appear in the log? If not, please, could you enable debug to see if any error message is displayed? To do it, please check the steps in our documentation: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Then try again to check the problem. If any error message appears, please paste here in the post for me to see.

Thank you.

July 11, 2019 at 8:23 am #4187293

krisztianK-4

Hi Bruno,

The Rocket is not activated for the network so there is no cache by that plugin and debug true is set earlier, but have no error or displayed error. I attached an image.

Neither with them:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );
July 11, 2019 at 10:53 am #4188851

krisztianK-4

I found that WP Rocket was the main problem in this case.
When I deleted the plugin it works well! So it's conflict with the WP Rocket and WPML.

I reinstalled after the WP Rocket and now it seems everything is okay.

Thank you for pointing to WP Rocket! : )

July 11, 2019 at 11:00 am #4188907

krisztianK-4

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!