Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
September 6, 2017 at 11:28 pm

yosukeS

I am trying to: Display traslated (Japanese) content on my Header and Footer which I made with Beaver Themer. I made translation like other conenents. When I go to Japanese dashboard and

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Header :golden box phone number section should have Japanese charactors
Footer : about Us section should be filled in Japanese.

Instead, I got: Only English conetents accross the board.

September 7, 2017 at 8:18 am #1363151

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support!

The WP memory limit needs to be increased. PHP memory is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Can you please increase the memory limit to 256MB:
https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Did you already see our documentation on how to build multilingual sites with Beaver Builder and WPML? You'll find it at https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/beaver-builder/

Anyway, I think that these layout elements are not from the Beaver Builder but from the Beaver Themer add on. Am I right?

This add on is not in our compatibility list and it is currently being under testing. This doesn't necessarily imply that it won't work, just that our team has not tested yet.
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

Kind Regards,

Otto

September 7, 2017 at 3:19 pm #1363831

jonathanF-3

I also have the same problem, using Beaver Themer, any idea when it will be compatible ? Beaver team say they did everything on their side, just waiting on your end.

September 11, 2017 at 9:13 pm #1368031

yosukeS

I increased the memory limited but still no change.
By the way, as the screen shot shows, WPML recoginzes Beaver themer's element and I created translations as well, but it doesn't show up on the front end. That's why I got frastrated.

If it is not supported, please inform when is expected the update?

Is there any work around for this issue?

Thank you.

September 12, 2017 at 9:09 am #1368383

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thanks.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok for you.

** IMPORTANT **

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:

hidden link

Kind Regards,

Otto

jonathanF-3, may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your question? This way we will be able to help you better.

Thank you!

September 17, 2017 at 10:01 pm
September 18, 2017 at 11:16 am #1375033

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+01:00)

Hello there,

As Otto is not available, I would like to take care of your case if you agree.

I have duplicated your site and tested locally and as Otto suggested, this module seems not to be translatable.

As you can see on the images 1 and 2, there was not a Type set. However, after setting the "_fl_theme_layout_type" value to "copy" it works fine (image 3). But still it always show the latest module.

1. Could you please upgrade your WPML to the latest versio 3.8.1 ?

2. From image 4, you can see that when you create a Beaver > Theme layout, you can choose your Layout > Structure: header or footer. Are these layouts defined in any other section of your theme? Maybe if we can translate those Types, we will be able to translate the Theme Layouts as well.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Andrés

September 19, 2017 at 9:15 pm #1377069

yosukeS

Andres,

Thank you for giving me updates.
I see you also changed "_fl_theme_layout_type" on my live site. But It still doens't show any translation.

1. I updated WPML 3.8.1. as you suggested.

2. I don't think any there place to define value of my header nad footer besides going to actual page editor and edit the element just like editing pages maded with beaver builder like shown on header-.jpg screenshot. That's another route to change header or footer. There is one thing I noticed. When I changed to Japanese, and actually go to Base header or Base Footer from Page builder on the screenshot section, a pop up screen shows and asks me to choose a template like when you create a brand new page. This looks a clue. It's because Japaense version of header or footer was defined by WPML editor on each secion already, so I am not supposed to see this pop up.
It's like my Japanse version of header or footer is not saved or never created in Builder Builder data or something.

Any suggestion?

September 20, 2017 at 9:12 am #1377556

Andrés
Supporter

Hello there,

Thanks for your detailed feedback, I also experienced the same situation and got in touch with our Compatiblity team. They confirmed that as today, it is not possible to translate these modules and WPML only considers one of them (original or translation), but not each one on its own language.

At this point, I have to transfer your case to our Compatibility team while they look for a general solution for this situation.

Thank you for your understanding,
Andrés

September 21, 2017 at 10:20 pm #1379822

yosukeS

Andres,

Thank you for trying and arranging with your compapatiblity team. So, do I receive any update from the team? Do I just need to wait?

Please let me know.

September 22, 2017 at 5:51 am #1379918

Andrés
Supporter

Sure, I'll keep you update. Please consider that as this theme is being fully test by our Compatibility team it may take a while.

Best regards,
Andrés

January 8, 2018 at 7:52 pm #1477043

andreaC-50

Quickly tested but it works with Beaver Themer 1.1-alpha.3

January 9, 2018 at 7:04 am #1477341

Andrés
Supporter

Thanks for the heads up @andreac-50.

July 17, 2019 at 6:01 am #4226021

Andrés
Supporter

Hello there,

Just to inform you that this issue should be solved now with Beaver Themer supported themes.

Regards,
Andrés