Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by mohammedA-68 1 year, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Nigel.

Author Posts
June 10, 2018 at 7:35 pm #2403956

mohammedA-68

Hello guys ..
I translated my website 100% and perfectly. And it was working 100%. Before 2 days, I was surprised that my category widget is showing categories in both languages !. Please help me fixing that.

My Website URL:
hidden link

June 12, 2018 at 10:35 am #2407673

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi Mohammed

We don't appear to have a current issue with this, I just tested it myself locally.

Can I confirm, you are using the standard WordPress categories widget added to your sidebar?

Your categories, are they translations of each other rather than separate categories?

On my local test site which has English as the original language and Spanish for translations, when viewing the back end in English if I go from the dashboard to Posts > Categories, I only see the English categories. When I edit one I can see that there is a translation of that category (see screenshot).

Is that the case on your site, that the categories are translations of each other?

June 12, 2018 at 1:32 pm #2408421

mohammedA-68

I am using the standard wordpress categories. And in that widget, it is showing the both languages. They are a translation for each other. The problem wasn't there. It is new

June 12, 2018 at 2:49 pm #2408674

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

The same works okay on my own site, so I'd like to take a look at your site to see what is different if that's okay?

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site, even though I don't intend to make any changes.

June 18, 2018 at 7:52 am #2418284

mohammedA-68

Hello guys. I found the solution and I fix it. Thank you 🙂