This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
October 30, 2017 at 8:00 pm #1416161

daniC

Hi,

I have contact forms in the English version of the website. And i have those exact same forms but in the French side, which do not work.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
1- hidden link (the two contact forms located at the bottom of the website)
2- hidden link

I expected to see:
I want the contact forms in the French version to work just like the ones in the English version.

Instead, I got:
The contact forms in the French version is not working like the ones in the English version.

Thanks for your help,
Jeff

October 31, 2017 at 10:42 pm #1417391

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hello, Jeff.

When you say that the contact form is not working, do you mean that the turning arrows icon spins forever and no confirmation message is showing?
Please see attached screenshot cf-ng.jpg.

Have you followed correctly our instructions on how to work with WPML and the Contact Form 7 plugin?
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/

November 1, 2017 at 8:55 pm #1418369

daniC

Hi Itamar

Yes that is correct, the turning arrows icon spins forever and no confirmation message is showing. I believe i have followed the instructions correctly because I have install WPML and Contact Form 7 in many of my other websites all the same way. Yet this time it seems not to work.

Thanks,
Jeff

November 2, 2017 at 4:14 pm #1419326

daniC

Hi Itamar,

I also notices this error message : "You are running updated sitepress-multilingual-cms and wpml-translation-management, but the following components are not updated:
wpml-string-translation"

but i went into my site in the WPML panel and it says its updated..

November 2, 2017 at 7:06 pm #1419494

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi,

I've found out that the issue that you have with Contact Form 7 is a known issue and it is described here.
https://wpml.org/errata/contact-form-7-secondary-language-form-submission-fails/
You can use the workaround that is described there to fix this problem.
Alternatively, you can also switch to 'Different languages in directories' if this is an option for you (you should consider SEO).
1. Take a full backup of your site in case something goes wrong.
2. Go to WPML -> Languages.
3. In the Language URL format section select 'Different languages in directories' and save.
The URL format of your French site will now be hidden link.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

In our forum, we try to keep one issue per ticket.
For the other issue that you mention here, may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your additional question?
Continuing with one ticket per issue helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.

Regards,
Itamar.