This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
July 4, 2018 at 11:46 pm

jeffreyT-5

I have no idea what happened. My dashboard is now in Japenese and I can't switch it back. I deleted the plugin but that did not help, now I don't know where to go to fix this. It's a very big problem.

July 5, 2018 at 1:57 pm #2467641

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @jeffreyt-5, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

I logged on to the dashboard and it is in English (at least for my user). Has this issue been resolved?

You can set the language of dashboard for your user with this steps:
- Go to Users > All Users
- Click on the user you need to edit
- Set it on the Language dropdown
- Save

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

July 13, 2018 at 2:26 pm #2492339

jeffreyT-5

Yes and no. The plugin does not do what I want it to. That's my fault, I did not research it fully. When I try to deactivate the plugin, it reverts to a full Japanese version of WordPress.

July 13, 2018 at 3:47 pm #2492464

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

If WPML is deactivated, the website default language is set on Settings > General > Site Language.

When WPML is active, this is set on WPML > Languages > Site Languages > Change Default Language.

The user/dashboard language is defined on Users > All Users > Edit Your User > Language.

I checked your website and everything is in english to me.

If you need more help just let me know.

Regards,
Diego