This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
May 31, 2019 at 8:52 am #3928649

davidG-36

Hello,

My DB is about 130 MB.
Maybe it's not critical for 4-language website, but, anyway, I'm looking for some right ways to reduce it.

So, how is it possible to optimize/delete/drop these tables or there's content?

wp_icl_translate - 15.6 MB
wp_icl_translation_status - 13.7 MB
wp_icl_strings - 7.1 MB
wp_icl_string_translations - 4.9 MB
wp_icl_translations - 2.3 MB

May 31, 2019 at 1:24 pm #3930871

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

The size of the database will depend on several factor, one of the most important one is the amount of strings that are registered in the site. In this case I would like to ask you to follow this steps:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting link -> Apply the troubleshooting steps pointed out in the attached image.
- Go to WPML -> String Translation -> Auto register strings for translation (bottom right section) -> Click on 'Edit button' -> Deselect all options -> Save the changes.
- Optionally you can delete strings that you don't use by following the steps described in this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#auto-register-fe

Please let me know if you need further assistance and I will be more than happy to help.
Kind regards,
Carlos

May 31, 2019 at 2:18 pm #3931203

davidG-36

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.
Auto register strings for translation option was deselected.

I did this:
'- Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting link -> Apply the troubleshooting steps pointed out in the attached image.'

And none of the tables I listed above, reduced.

Now I want to delete strings that you don't use, but is this the only way to do that?

From the url you provide: 'Deleting strings
When you no longer use a certain theme or a plugin you might wish to remove the strings associated with it. Simply select the strings you want to remove and click Delete selected strings.'

There are more than 2500 strings. It's impossible to delete them according this way.

Are you sure, there is no option to show all Not translated strings and delete them with one click, like it is possible for example in any mail client option 'Empty trash' or something like this?

June 3, 2019 at 7:00 am #3939677

davidG-36

Hello?

June 3, 2019 at 12:12 pm #3942163

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

The only way to remove strings in WPML -> String Translations is to select them manually and remove them. I know this is not the fastest way to do it but it's the correct way using WPML's interface.

I recommend you to filter the strings by domains and the remove the strings associated to the domains that you don't use.

Please let me know if you need further assistance and I will be more than happy to help.
Regards,
Carlos