We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
July 23, 2019 at 3:34 pm #4267471

andrejL

I am trying to translate site from English to other languages. But on one of the pages the original language is set to Spanish so it is blocking me to copy the original english content to this spanish page, it only allows us to copy the spanish content (which is not designed and we do not want it) to the english page.

How to we tell WPML that original language is English and not Spanish? (it works on all other pages, where the original language is correctly set as english and also site-wise the original language is English)

July 23, 2019 at 4:36 pm #4268191

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

I am not sure that I fully understand what you mean.

So, the way that WPML works is that you can create a new post/page/custom post type into any of the languages that you have set up with WPML and then you can translate that into the other languages.

If one of the pages was created from inside the Spanish language backend (you can switch the flag at the top in the backend area before creating a new page/post), that means that you can translate it in all the other languages.

If you would like to make that page in default English language and then translate it into the other languages, you should first delete the Spanish version and then switch the backend to English and recreate the page.

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei