No supporters are available to work today on this forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
July 8, 2019 at 10:00 am #4160759

Cristina Alda

I had already translated my web from Spanish into English and French. I started to translate the web content into Polish and suddenly the whole library of Divi was empty: all of the modules had been deleted. I tried to restore my latest back-up and the error happened again.

July 8, 2019 at 2:06 pm #4163297

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello Cristina,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

If the error is still present in your backup, I don't think is related to WPML. However, this forum is intended for how to questions only. It seems that the issue that you are experiencing is beyond that and it is more a technical problem, maybe a compatibility issue.
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/accounts-for-wpml-end-users/

We committed with the site developer that this forum is only for that and we won't mess his development. So, in case I haven't understood your issue and for this kind of questions, you should ask your developer (license owner) to open a ticket in our technical forum.

Best regards,
Andrés

July 9, 2019 at 6:07 am #4167575

Cristina Alda

Buenos días,

Restauré el último back-up (sin el error del que les hablo), continué traduciendo mi web y mi biblioteca Divi se volvió a borrar. No puedo avanzar con las traducciones porque me borra todos los módulos y ralentiza mi trabajo muchísimo. Tengo una web en 6 idiomas, ¿es posible que se deba a esto? ¿Alguna vez han encontrado problemas de compatibilidad entre Divi y WPML cuando se trata de tantos idiomas?

Un saludo,
Cristina

July 9, 2019 at 6:25 am #4167737

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hola Cristina,

Entiendo tu problema, sin embargo, por ahora no tengo registros similares al tuyo. Por otra parte, en este foro no contamos con las herramientas necesarias para atender tu caso, ¿podrías contactar a tu desarrollador (dueño de la licencia) y pedirle que abra un ticket con sus credenciales WPML?

Saludos