This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Users with Editor user role are not allowed to duplicate posts using the controls in the Language widget. Solution: This is a known issue and our developers are working on it.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Marco 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
April 26, 2019 at 7:07 pm #3692967

Marco

I am trying to: The editor Role I have assigned to my costumer do not translate portfolio page in the second language.

My administrator access yes ...

How can we resolve this issue? We are using divi but according to them after I opened a ticket we strong believe the problem seems not related to DIVI.

Thank you

Mark

April 29, 2019 at 7:22 am #3700475

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues. Please let me know the following details for tracking the issue.

a) Have you added the Editor user as a Translator(from WPML>>Translation Management>>Translation Roles)?

b) Which option you are using for translating the new Post/Pages in WPML>>Settings>>How to translate posts and pages

c) Please upgrade to the latest version of WPML(4.2.6) and make sure the issue existing or not

I have a request. Please increase *WP Memory Limit* to *256*(the minimum required memory limit for WPML is *128*) for the expected performance of the site. Check the following links for more details

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 30, 2019 at 3:23 pm #3712769

Marco

Hi, thank you for replay me,

Question A: ^ cannot find this menu .... WPML>>Translation Management>>Translation Roles)?
please add a screenshoot

Question B: Please see the attachment file

Thank you

Mark

April 30, 2019 at 6:31 pm #3714291

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the updates. Please activate the WPML Translation Management plugin. You will get those options/features. This plugin required for the translation of the contents created using Page Builder like Divi.

Please check the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/divi-builder/#getting-started

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/divi-builder/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

April 30, 2019 at 7:39 pm #3714623

Marco

Sorry no one of your links and informations really help ... The link you send me is a video old and totally different from actual version of WPML ... also I have installe WPML management which I don't find use-full at all to ... maybe you can record yoursefl a screen video and show me how or sending me screenshoot from last WPML version ...

Thank you

Mark

May 1, 2019 at 2:49 pm #3718603

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the updates. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

Also please allow me to add an Editor user to try a couple of tests.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 2, 2019 at 9:04 am #3722953

Marco

Thank you! So you have used the plugin WPML Manager translation for set the role of the editor to be eligible to duplicate/create pages translation. So now I have enable David Mariottini the editor to create translation right?

See the attachment file

Thank you

May 2, 2019 at 9:43 am #3723465

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the updates. Yes, we have to set translation roles to Editor user. Then check you can translate the Posts or not as Editor User.

Please try it and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 2, 2019 at 1:48 pm #3725011

Marco

Hi, we have tried to log as editor and make a portfolio page test and translation and it work. The only problem now is that some things are changed ... sometime there are instead of the pencil logo next to the language field on the sidebar editor a couple of gears ... if I click them
I have a new page never seen before .. (See the attached files) where I need to click copy translation and the save ... ??? really never seen this before

for the first time there is a page that include both language text translation etc .. can we disable this function a leave as it was before:

Click on English pencil I go to edit the page Italian pencil I go to edit the page ... my costumers would be really confusing ... We don't like this way it add more confusion please keep it simple!

Mark

May 2, 2019 at 5:40 pm #3727863

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the updates. But I am not able to reproduce the issue exactly. So can you please share the URL of the posts having the issue.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 3, 2019 at 3:46 pm #3736305

Marco

Hi, I try to elaborate my question:

Is possible to let my editor role to create a Post blog page in first language (it) and then duplicate dis page for the second language (En) as me as administrator I always done, without installi the plugin Wpml translation Management?

Because the EDITOR ROLE when it translate the content has a totally different interface. Longer procedure more settings and it turn all too complicate for my costumers to use it and also for me. We prefer use divi editor and skip all those passages please.

See my video screen to analyze better my request please. Thank you Mark

hidden link

May 3, 2019 at 6:09 pm #3737333

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the details. Now you have chosen *WPML Classical Editor* option for translating the Posts/Pages. That is why you are getting the *Translation Editor* for translating the Posts and Page.

Please try the following steps(after a backup) to choose the default WordPress editor for translating the Posts/Pages.

1) Open a Page for edit
2) Scroll down to language widget
3) Click on *ON* button near to *Use WPML's Translation Editor* caption
4) Choose *All the site's content* option of the Popup
5) Then click on *Apply* button of the Popup

Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

May 4, 2019 at 3:25 pm #3740591

Marco

Hi, I found all this ridiculous, it is getting worse and worse ... at this point I don't want to mess up anything from here and want to sure 100% what I'm doing so said this I please ask you to pass my ticket to Vincenzo which I guess is the only Italian person available as assistance on WPML. Thank you, for your help ...

Marco

May 6, 2019 at 8:14 am #3745765

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Buongiorno Marco,

il mio collega Bigul ha passato il ticket a me, secondo la tua richiesta.

Da quello che ho capito, desideri che l'utente Editor sia in grado di tradurre utilizzando l'editor Divi invece degli editor di traduzione di WPML.

Per ottenere il risultato richiesto, puoi utilizzare i passaggi illustrati da Bigul nel suo post precedente.

Questi passaggi sono richiesti a causa di una modifica nelle versioni recenti di WPML. Servono ad evitare i problemi causati dall'utilizzo di editor di traduzione diversi per lo stesso contenuto.

Ti allego qualche articolo che parla di questi potenziali problemi.

Fammi sapere se così risolvi o se hai bisogno di maggiori informazioni.

Grazie

Documentazione relativa:
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/using-different-translation-editors-for-different-pages/
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/translation-editor-options/
https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/how-wpml-keeps-track-of-your-translations/

May 9, 2019 at 9:38 am #3774683

Marco

Grazie Vincenzo, ho messo lo switch off e oiu gli altri parametri e sembra tornato come prima adesso faccio il test da EDITORE e non da AMMINISTRATORE se funziona allo stesso modo visto che prima l'Editore non era configurato per fare traduzioni.

Mi confermi che devo tenere anche attivo il plugin WPML Translation Management e averlo settato per il mio editore come da screenshoot...

Grazie di nuovo

Marco