This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 20, 2019 at 2:03 pm

alessandraI

I am trying to: translate this listing website however (a part from the issue explained in the editor) I see that the listings originally created in English language don't redirect to their Chinese page. (it seems some redirection or url issue)

I expected to see: automatic redirection once the listing is translated

Instead, I got: page not found

also just to double check if there is a way to copy the original settings and css from the english website so I don't need to do the settings again.

I checked on your tutorial how to use it on "elementor" however as explained it doesn't show all the fields and content of the english version. It shows only title and images...

May 20, 2019 at 9:08 pm #3850241

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

I am not sure what is causing the issue on your website but I would like to test the My Listing Theme on a new instalation of WordPress with WPML.

Please install the theme on the following test site:

One Click Login:hidden link

Leave me short notification once the theme is installed.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 20, 2019 at 10:05 pm #3850493

alessandraI

Thanks Andreas, done,

I've also left the login details on my previous message for my website

May 21, 2019 at 5:37 pm #3857791

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have tested the theme on the following test site:

One Click Login:hidden link

The listings were redirected correctly but I do realize errors here which are theme related.

First, the listing pages redirect correctly between each other when using the WPML menu language switcher. Somehow, this does not work for the the single listings when trying to switch the languages while watching a single listing.
Further, the WML footer language switcher neither appears inside the theme.

I will further investigate about this and later on escalate the issues to our compatibility team in order to work together with the theme authors on making their theme WPML ready.

Apart of those issues I was not able to recreate the redirect issue of your site on my testing environment. Please proceed as followed:

Could you please try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons. In this special case you should run the site with the minimum requiered plugins for the theme as well, but try do disable any additional plugin.

If the issue disappears please start reactivating any pluginsone by one. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Did you apply any custom coding to the theme? Please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Further, enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.

Add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You will be able to see errors on front end, backend and further find a complete report inside of your wp-content folder. Look for a debug.log file and provide me the results.

More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Please get back to me with the results of wp-debug as soon as possible.

Kind regards
Andreas

May 21, 2019 at 11:00 pm #3859111

alessandraI

Thanks A lot Andreas for further investigate this issue. However the fact that the switcher doesn't work on single listings is a big problem and is something I need very soon. Also regarding deactivate plugins, I can do them however they are all plugins coming from the themes add ons so they are important to recreate the final look and feel.
And lastly I am not very coding person so I am just a bit worry to touch files such as config etc. I may probably consider to ask for refunds. Thanks anyway for your hard work

May 22, 2019 at 4:32 pm #3868149

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I can offer to debug your site and run it on a minimal enviorment. I am also able to obtain the debug.log fail for given errors, but I would need FTP access.

Further, for the theme issue I have opened a compatibility ticket today and our team will further investigate about to solve the issues in cooperation with the theme authors.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

May 22, 2019 at 11:11 pm #3869709

alessandraI

Hey Andreas the the thread seems closed, please let me know if this still the right way to commuicate. Thanks

May 23, 2019 at 12:08 am #3869845

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Our compatibility team informed me that your theme is not updated to the latest version. Anyhow the theme author´s are mentioning that their theme is not yet multilingual or WPML ready.
hidden link

In this case I would advise you to reach out to the theme author´s and invite them to join our GoGlobal Program, as the changes for making the theme multilingual ready will need to be applied by the theme author´s themselves inside of the theme´s template files.

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/

Kind regards
Andreas