This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yariS 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 10, 2019 at 9:22 am

yariS

Hello
My elementor is not working when i installed the WPMl plugin

July 10, 2019 at 11:52 am
July 10, 2019 at 12:16 pm #4180011

yariS

hey please check this

July 11, 2019 at 6:14 am #4186241

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I will be helping you.

1. Technical Information on you environment
Could you please provide information about your environment by following thsese steps: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

2. Diagnostic
Please check if the problem still happens when you
- temporarily deactivate all non-WPML plugins
- AND, temporarily change your active theme to TwentyNineteen.

3. Elementor Pro
Please upgrade your Elementor Pro plugin to the latest level. There seem to be reports of a possible problem between the "pro" version of elementor and the current release of WPML.

4. Please install the DUPLICATOR plugin

Thank you for informing me when this is done and the results of the diagnostic tests.

July 11, 2019 at 6:38 am #4186355

yariS

I think it's not an issue of theme or any plugins its issue of translation
as you see my website the one English translation is work with elementor but page full mess over and italic translation page not open I think this is the main issue because I have created header/footer with elementor its work fine

July 11, 2019 at 7:13 am #4186615

yariS

Hi, thanks for your reply.
Since we install WPML there are some problems of blank pages, we use Elementor Pro and the major problem is editing the Home page, after the installation of string translation the website is also slow from backend and frontend.

1. You can find the information about debug
2. I already test it with and without plugins, and theme options.
3. My elementor is already update to the latest version.
4. Duplicator was installed now.

Thanks.

July 11, 2019 at 3:18 pm #4191477

yariS

Hello,

Thanks for your reply based on your instructions I have to deactivate the plugin which is unrelated to the Elementor and WPML and when I deactivate the unrelated plugin the Elementor work properly and when I activate it the Elementor stops working again.

I am facing this When I install the WPML on my WordPress website can you please Assist me how do I fix that issue.

And also when I activate the WPML plugin the website is working very slow and it takes so much time to open a simple page can you please let me know how do I fix the Speed Issue As well.

Below is the main problem which I am facing after Installing WPML:-

1) Elementor stops working After installing the WPML.

2) When I install the WPML and translate the homepage is totally mess up for Example When I translate the page to English it looks same but when I open the same page on Italian it totally messes up the page and did not open same as English page it looks like my CSS is not working
when I translate it.

3) The Speed comes very slow of the website this is the Major Issue.

Kindly please let me know the solution for that because of it I am not able to do work on my website.

I am only waiting for your response

Kind Regards
Yari

July 11, 2019 at 5:31 pm #4192373

Yvette
Supporter

Yes, I agree that you website is excruciatingly slow!

As this is a performance issue, please open a new ticket for this or we can look at this after we finish with the Elementor issue.

You wrote: "...when I deactivate the unrelated plugin the Elementor work properly and when I activate it the Elementor stops working again..."

Which is the unrelated plugin that causes Elementor to stop working again?

July 11, 2019 at 5:57 pm #4192397

yariS

Hi, thanks for your reply.
I did so many test about deactivate and activate plugins and I already send my debug.
Elementor was working without any problem before installing WPML, now after wpml installation I can notice sometime blank page and sometime technical error page. Also when string translation is active the website start to be slow. I can wait after we solve this problem for solve this other problem related, please let me know. Thanks

July 11, 2019 at 6:52 pm #4192737

Yvette
Supporter

I´m sorry but I cannot see anything "obvious" that can be causing this issue. I agree that with everything deactivated and still the site is so slow and I am unable to complete any tranlsations.

I will need to escalate the issue to our 2nd tier support group.

To do this, please send us a copy of your site as per this article:
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

To make things go faster, you can execute the Duplicator without the WPML plguins active.

Once we have the copy of the site, our 2nd tier group can look at both issues.
I am opening the private area for this package. When you write back, please use a file sharing platform like FileShare, Dropbox, WeTransfer...etc and only send us a downloadable link.

Thank you.

July 12, 2019 at 7:05 am
July 12, 2019 at 7:36 am #4195985

Yvette
Supporter

Let me see if I can install it on my local server. If I can, then this will be sufficient.

I´ll get back to you shortly.

July 12, 2019 at 10:30 am #4197567

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I was able to install your site in spit of some database errors (see image).

Once I had it installed, here are the "cleanup" steps that I executed:
- Deleted any plugins that were "inactive"
- Moved the line "define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );" **above** line 166 in your wp-config.php file since all edits should be placed above the line that says

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

- changed the editing mode to use the Classic Translation Editor.

Then, I attempted to make a change to the home page and save it. It worked as expected with no problem! (see image).

So, I am unable to replicate the problem on my local server which leads me to think that the problem resides on your server and is server related.

The only other thing I noticed different between my local server and your server is the paramter "wp_max_memory_llimit"

Try adding this directive to your wp-config.php

define('WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');

If this still does not help, please check with your server support about checking your phpinfo values:
https://codex.wordpress.org/User:Ipstenu/How_to_create_a_phpinfo()_page

With this, we can compare what php values might be different. However, in general, it looks like this is a server related configuration issue.

July 12, 2019 at 12:07 pm #4198361

yariS

i can only append my php memory limit upto 128 MB and i have already used ini_set('memory_limit','256MB'); but still this isn't working what should i do now.

July 12, 2019 at 2:40 pm #4199913

yariS

Hello

Kindly please let me know I already do that solution which you suggest me but Elementor is not worked and I facing so much problem with that please let me know what should I do.

Waiting for your response

Kind Regards
Yari