This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by justinM-9 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 25, 2019 at 5:30 pm #4285373

justinM-9

Hi team,

Ive just installed WPML CMS and once I activate the plugin my main menu instantly dissapears. I have made sure all of the settings are correct (in menu settings ect)

I have as well deactivated all plugins and used the default theme.
However the only issue is once WPML CMS is installed that these issues happen (both english and french sides of the home page)

Please advise on what we should do as we need it corrected asap

Thanks

July 25, 2019 at 6:10 pm #4285497

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please share with me the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information) for tracking the issue.

Please check this page for instructions https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

// Use dev versions of core JS and CSS files (only needed if you are modifying these core files)
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the */wp-content/* directory. Please do the steps to reproduce the bug and check you are getting any errors or warning related to WPML in the log file.

If you can paste your debug.log to http://pastebin.com/index.php and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess of discussion).

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 25, 2019 at 6:43 pm #4285599

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. The information you have shared is *Debug information*. It is different from *debug.log*.

Please check this page for more details about debugging with WPML https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

If you can paste your debug.log to http://pastebin.com/index.php and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess of discussion).

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 25, 2019 at 7:01 pm #4285631

justinM-9

Hey Bigul!

Thanks for the information. I have done as you said, but there still isn't a debug.log file appearing in wp-content. The issue I'm having isn't error related, as in there is no error that produces.

The website main menu simply disappears when I activate WPML Multilingual CMS. The main menu comes back when I disable the plugin. I have already made sure to enable the menu as "Main Navigation", so I'm not sure what the problem is. I have also tried to disable all plugins and re-enable all of them one by one.

July 25, 2019 at 7:03 pm #4285685

justinM-9

Is it possible that I need to update the PHP version of the server? It is currently set to 7.1.3.0

July 26, 2019 at 6:08 am #4287745

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. This may be a compatibility issue. Normally WPML will works fine with 7.1.3.

I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 26, 2019 at 6:18 pm #4291295

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. Have you deactivated WPML core plugin because of this issue?

Please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 26, 2019 at 6:51 pm #4291375

justinM-9

Confirmed, you have permission to do so.
Yes we deactivated it because the site is live and we need the menu to be available while we correct the issue

July 29, 2019 at 9:02 am #4297991

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the permission. I made a Duplicator copy of your site and the issue is existing on my local copy after the initial checking. But it works fine with default 2017 theme on my local server. It is also working fine in a fresh installation with your theme(Kallyas) on our sandbox server.

Please check the attached images and following URL for more details.

hidden link

hidden link

Therefore I have request. Please visit the test site(above URL) and check you can reporduce the issue or not. It will help us a lot and we can forward it easily to our developers for further debugging.

Please try it and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 29, 2019 at 2:49 pm #4301109

justinM-9

Hi Bigul,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate that you used a Sandbox to show that it works however that does not help.. We have deactivated all of our plugins except WPML CMS and we are experiencing the same issue. Can you please look into this further. WPML is the plugin creating this problem on our website and we need to solve this asap.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

July 29, 2019 at 5:34 pm #4302573

justinM-9

Needed a fresh new wordpress install